Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This position will require creation and delivery of various educational topics, from basic education to advanced education for agents, licensed sales producers and agency staff. This position requires an expert knowledge of Allstate systems, product knowledge and basic selling skills. This position will require the ability to analyze market education needs and develop curriculum and deliver training based on the needs identified.
- Creatively design, develop, and obtain legal approval for new programs for delivery to agencies focused on Regional objectives
- With expert knowledge and skills, prepare and facilitate advanced technology education, product education, and sales skills training to agencies in order to achieve regional objectives
- Develop a good understanding of competitors and industry practices
- Must be able to manage training sessions and be flexible to meet the attendee’s needs/skill levels while maintaining control and structure of the class
- Assist with the planning, development and review of educational programs to ensure effective course materials
- Identify additional information needed to support business objectives and improve programs
- Monitor and analyze agency results for those who have attended education to confirm understanding of training. Including but not limited to one on one webs, or agency office visits
- Work with other departments to develop/revise cross-functional education materials as changes occur
- Prepare education materials for classes, and workshops
- Clearly and completely document all training provided
- Travel up to 80% of work week, delivering education to the field for agency office training and classroom education. Overnight travel will be required
- Manage travel and expenses according to Procurement and plan ahead
- Provide measurement of activities
- Communicate educational offerings and engage interest in classes offered
- Attend Territorial and Market Meetings as requested or needed
- Work with Senior Leadership quarterly to determine educational priorities for the Territory. For example, one market needs additional education on a particular compliance issue, and another market might need education for recruiting staff. Working with TSL’s, develop a delivery method and plan for implementation over and above Regional objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to articulate, assemble and deliver information and communicate educational offerings to appropriate audiences using all available mediums such as email, market meetings, Agency Gateway, agency facing newsletters, and the education calendar
- Possess knowledge of sales, sales processes, back office support, and trend identification as well as a thorough understanding of agency contracts, compliance requirements, Allstate policies, and procedures, and agency standards
- Establish positive rapport with mentor, peers, agents, field sales leaders and agency staff
- Work independently with the Education Unit Manager and Education Division Manager providing guidance as needed to achieve regional goals
- Consistently perform administrative responsibilities, expense processing and management, manage voicemail, and email, submission of measurement activities, and class rosters
- Work with Field Sales Leaders, New Agents, and Existing Agents to improve compliance results for agencies.
- Be an expert on delivering virtual training and all of it’s features (Blackboard, WebEx)
- Mentors New Sales Instructors, provides coaching, developmental feedback and coaching
- Provides Market Support to Field Sales Leaders
This position has an opening in Chantilly, VA and Columbia, MD.
- Four year college degree preferred
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Curriculum design experience preferred
- One year of related training or insurance sales experience required
- Licensed in Property & Casualty and Life & Health
- Completed one month working in an agency selling with proven production
- Planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate facilitation skills and ability to speak effectively to groups
- Ability to work in a team-centered environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent Project management skills and the ability to prioritize work to greatest business need
- Ability to organize and self manage time
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to adapt communication techniques for audiences at multiple internal levels
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.