Be a change agent. Be an influencer. Most importantly be your innovative, engaging self.
The knowledge and expertise you’ve gained as a change agent isn’t the only thing that makes you exceptional – your passion for developing innovative strategies that drive culture change, lasting organizational health, and empowered employees is what sets you apart.
As a Continuous Improvement (CI) Lead Change Agent, you will be a thought leader to challenge the status quo and create strategic transformations.
We are looking for problem solvers and independent thinkers – an influencer who can drive decisions as Allstate transforms and evolves into the future. Are you up to the challenge?
As a CI Lead Change Agent, you will be an integral part of Allstate’s new Continuous Improvement team, tasked with environmental change and being A Force for Good to accelerate the momentum of our customer-focused strategy.
Through CI’s methodologies, front-line leaders and employees develop skills for improved problem-solving and root-cause analysis—enriching our teams with such capabilities will lead to sustainable, positive change.
CI is a management system that improves customer experience, agency owner experience, and business outcomes by empowering employees to improve how the work gets done. The Allstate CI approach is based on the following five pillars, which need to be addressed simultaneously for desired impact
- Process Efficiency: Develop disciplined focus on end-to-end value streams to deliver what customers want by eliminating unnecessary work, bottlenecks, and avoidable waiting times
- Performance Management: Actively monitor performance at the individual and team level to identify opportunities for improvements so the whole team can take responsibility for outcomes and solutions
- Organization design and skills: Ensure that the work and the people are properly aligned, leveraging span of control, roles and responsibilities, as well as capability building
- Organizational health: Develop a culture that works together in a collaborative way and aligns, executes, and renews itself faster than the competition
- Customer and Agency Owner experience: Focus on the CI system to deliver a consistent and distinctive Customer and Agency Owner experience
- Willingness to set goals and achieve results: Can set challenging goals for self, and is able to drive new paths to efficiently and effectively deliver results
- Experience driving change: Open to change, persistent, can improve a process and drive impact despite challenges
- Team player: Ability to work well with others, to build credibility quickly, and to improve a team’s performance. Can listen carefully to others, and understand and respond appropriately to messages, explicit or implied (e.g., body language)
- Influencer: Is confident, with the ability to influence, identify mindset challenges, synthesize key messages, and communicate persuasively
- Strong problem solver: Can structure, analyze, and synthesize findings, identify root causes, and develop pragmatic recommendations. Can develop a solution and solve problems both creatively and independently for medium complex assignments. Ability to use Excel and PowerPoint is a plus
- Self-confidence and strong credibility: Is a leader within the organization with self-confidence and credibility
- Diagnose, design, develop, manage, support and lead business units through the Continuous Improvement management system processes.
- Provide input into the development of the CI processes, services, and solutions that support the strategic direction and have a long term impact on achieving business goals
- Work with business unit to acquire data necessary for the CI diagnostic, draft communications, and support the development of key questions to probe clients for requirements. Use Excel/Access systems to analyze results to identify top opportunity areas, identify process improvements and develop specific actionable plans
- Engage and problem solve with the CI team and front line business unit leadership
- Influence front line leadership and associates as to the need for change and ability to communicate how it will benefit the organization
- Lead client conversations to ensure needs are identified, desired outcomes are understood, and consultants’ role is clear. Coach leaders and associates on implementation of CI concepts to support skill building.
- Encourage peers and partner with the CI Lead to problem solve, think differently and remove barriers.
- Assist with all logistics relative to the changes implemented and consider downstream effects to other parts of the organization
- Assist with the planning and preparation for Steering Committee visits to the business area
- COE located in Northbrook, IL. Travel to business areas Monday – Thursday
- Bachelor’s Degree required – MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years of team leadership experience preferred
- Experience leading multiple Executive level Continuous Improvement deployment strategies
- Expert in Change Management with experience leading large-scale organizational change efforts or large complex projects
- Experience in training and coaching of frontline employees and leaders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact effectively and professionally with a wide variety of internal and external clients
- Advanced Project Management skills - Experience successfully leading/facilitating/or participating in complex projects, involving ambiguity with input into the strategic planning experience.
- Expert presentation/facilitation skills with the ability and confidence to present complex data to executive level leaders
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills
- Advanced process design and research skills
- Strong problem solver: Can structure, analyze, and synthesize findings, identify root causes, and develop pragmatic recommendations. Can develop a solution and solve problems both creatively and independently.
- Ability to influence, identify mindset challenges, synthesize key messages, and communicate persuasively
- Flexibility and adaptability to be productive while working in a fast paced environment with aggressive timelines
- Ability to “connect the dots” across business units
- Ability to develop solutions, leveraging internal and external services
- Talent management - Staff planning and development
- Intermediate in Organization Development and Organization Design
- Advanced Internal Consulting - Develops collaborative consulting relationship that maximize the achievement of the business outcomes, client commitment and long term sustainability
- Advanced in Strategic Thinking and strategic or long-range planning
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®.
Benefits and Perks
- Pension plan plus 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Modern work spaces
- Flexible schedules
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- Adoption assistance program
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Join our award-winning team!
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- The World’s Leading Top 100 Companies – Forbes magazine
- 50 Happiest Companies in America – CareerBliss
- Top 100 Companies for Employee Training and Development – Training magazine
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers – Working Mother magazine
- Top 40 Best Companies for Hispanics to Work – Hispanic Business magazine
- Top 10 Companies for African Americans to Work – DiversityInc
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT – Computerworld magazine
- Diversity Elite - America’s Best 50 Companies for Minorities – Fortune magazine
- Top 100 Military Friendly Employers List - MilitaryFriendly
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.