Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Sales Administrative Leader (SAL) leads process implementation, leads and manages projects, and seeks out improvement opportunities for the regional Sales organization. The SAL is accountable for building and maintaining regional expertise on ‘best practice agency’ processes, Leading the Independent Agency (IA) channel and driving IA business results, Sales leader on-boarding and development, monitoring the results of regional and agency process implementations, as requested. The SAL sits on the regional Market Operating Committee.
Cultivation and Sharing of Regional Process Expertise (~25%)
- Researches and develops “best practices” pertinent to agency business and agency staff management (LSPs), in alignment with Company and regional priorities. In the Northeast region, this will involve coordinating and collaborating across territorial organizations, navigating relationships, preparing reporting and communications.
- Educates Field Leaders and APS resources on current ‘best practices’ for process implementation
- Consults with Sales Leaders on the needs, requirements, and implementation timelines for installation of specific processes within agencies where requested and makes recommendations where appropriate
IA Oversight and Business Results (~25%)
- Lead the IA channel, including the IA staff of TSCs, APA/APSs
- Drive IA channel performance
- Track IA channel results
- Report to Senior Leadership on IA channel performance
- Seek and implement process improvements to enhance IA channel performance
Sales Leader Development (~25%)
- Manages FSL and APS development through use of established tools, timelines and reporting
- Partners with TSLs understand and address individual FSL and APS development needs
- Assures development plan execution
- Uses internal and external resources to develop sales leaders
- Manages APS feedback survey process
- Coaches and mentors APSs in support of career progression, provides feedback on knowledge, skill, and leadership development opportunities, and suggests ongoing education opportunities
- Partners with TSLs for FSL development in needed areas
- Manages the talent assessment process for APSs (in partnership with Human Resources), ensures that annual development plans are documented and executed
Process Performance Measurement & Results Tracking (~25%)
- Develops methodologies to measure and track process implementation at agencies
- Compiles, analyzes, interprets and communicates sales & process results to the regional field sales organization, and recommends necessary follow up actions or changes in approach
- Develops and ensures FSL and APS utilization of business tools and reports for various purposes, including identifying agency development needs, monitoring agency performance, communicating findings, and providing education for agency staff
- 5+ years of experience in sales
- Field sales leadership and P&C / Financial Services sales
- 4 year college degree
- Advanced knowledge of agency business processes, operations, and sales
- Ability to monitor, analyze, and communicate agency performance results
- Ability to anticipate challenges as well as develop, present, implement and measure solutions
- Ability to create, implement and execute strategy
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.