Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Model Validation Senior Manager is responsible for the creation and leadership of an internal model validation team for the Quantitative Research & Analytics (QR&A) department. The initial focus in this role will be to establish and get buy-in across the organization for a model validation framework and build a team of data scientists to execute rigorous peer reviews of critical work. This individual will also serve as a head of the model community in sharing and proliferating best practices and will serve as the QR&A liaison for risk management activities.
The Quantitative Research & Analytics department is a growing team with over 200 individuals including data scientists and engineers working alongside individuals in additional data, analytics and strategy-focused roles. QR&A provides support for areas across the enterprise through enabling analytic capabilities, and the creation of models is a key aspect of this strategy.
- Lead the creation of a flexible analytic validation framework
- Design and lead a portfolio of analytic validation projects
- Champion the sharing and adoption of appropriate methodologies and best practices in an analytic environment
- Cultivate cross-functional knowledge-sharing that drive analytic consistency and transparency across Allstate
- Determine whether analytic solutions fulfill business requirements and propose alternatives when necessary
- Communicate findings to senior leadership to ensure risks and variations are well understood; recommend appropriate mitigations when necessary
- Review, evaluate, and make recommendations on appropriateness of techniques to senior leadership
- Develop and execute a communication strategy that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work
- Maintain a friendly and collaborative work environment
- Maximize personal professional development to ensure continuation of a personal contribution to the team and Allstate
- 8+ years progressive experience in data and analytically-focused roles
- Extensive experience leading teams and cross-functional projects
- Proven ability to manage teams overseeing machine learning/predictive modeling and optimization in statistical software
- Proven knowledge of analytic techniques, ability to quickly learn and understand strengths and limitations of new algorithms
- Ability to train, develop, and teach more junior modelers
- Advanced general business knowledge and seasoned, in-depth, multi-dimensional knowledge of industry and company economics
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data and to present this data to audiences with various levels of expertise
- Proven communication and influence skills taking varying audiences into consideration
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.