Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate®, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate®."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
Area of responsibility
The Technical Product Manager (Production) has a leadership role in the development and launch of production consumer software. This person translates product features into technical requirements, manages third party relationships with technical solution partners, prioritizes and schedules technical deliverables, and ensures alignment between software development, product, and UX design teams.
- Direct technical development efforts for the definition and creation of a software-based technology product.
- Manage cross-functional project teams, working at the intersection of technology, design, and business strategy.
- Define scope of work and manage integration of third party technology solutions.
- Shepard cutting-edge technical features from early-stage development teams into commercial product development.
- Manage schedule, making feature prioritization and resourcing decisions to keep milestone goals on-track.
- Oversee quality, test, security, and data privacy processes.
- Track key metrics to measure product performance and effectiveness of improvement efforts.
- Review and approve software development work, ensuring it meets consumer experience and product requirements.
- 3-5 years experience in managing software development team efforts, either as a development lead or product manager.
- Familiarity with mobile application development, mobile software architecture, databases, cloud development, and common development tools. Knowledge in concepts and best practices for Internet security and data privacy preferred.
- Relevant work history of delivering mobile applications and/or cloud-based solutions from conception to launch.
- Experience working in an Agile-based development environment, ideally with work history in a product owner role.
- Track record of managing external technical partnerships and lead integration of 3rd party solutions.
- Proven ability to influence through clear communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstration of sound business judgment, data-driven decision making, and a customer-centric mindset.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical field. MBA preferred. May also consider candidates with business-related Bachelor's degree combined with significant technical work experience.
Value proposition of this role
- Opportunity to build innovative new products and businesses, making a tangible, lasting impact.
- Immersion in cutting-edge technologies and frequent exposure to interesting startups.
- Critical role in high profile, high priority projects for one of the U.S.’s largest companies and most respected brands.
- Compelling platform for leadership development and professional growth.
- Collegial, team-oriented culture with a healthy work/life balance.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.