Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The job is accomplished by effectively directing the integration of Property & Casualty (P&C) and Financial
Services (FS) functions and resources through the leadership of the people who perform those activities in the Oregon, Hawaii, and Idaho marketplaces. The TSL must maintain strong business relationships and through leadership, gain alignment and momentum in delivering Company sales and service goals.
- Develops, with input from the Regional Sales Leader (RSL), a territorial strategic business plan (sales results, marketing, Exclusive Agency (EA) and Exclusive Financial Specialist (EFS) deployment/appointments, communication, education, sales leader development) that supports the achievement of the region’s overall business plan and ensures the success of new agency development.
- Manages the territory’s market maximization efforts and ensures successful integration and communication efforts between Sales Administrative Leader (SAL), Field Sales Leaders (FSLs), HR Business Partner, & RSL Business Partner.
- Reviews and coaches frontline sales leaders on annual business planning to assure consistency with the objectives of the territory, region, and Company.
- Holds frontline sales leaders accountable for achieving business objectives, provides on-going performance feedback, conducts checkpoint meetings and prepares performance evaluations.
- Manages the agency results measurement process.
- Assists Field Sales Leaders in developing profitable P&C and FS growth strategies for the territory, to include new customer acquisition, cross-sell, and retention processes.
- Directs frontline sales leaders in developing and implementing strategies for consulting with EAs and EFSs to achieve sales and business objective targets.
- Helps all direct reports, including all FSLs, identify more virtual consulting opportunities to gain efficiencies; and shares best practices learned within the FSL – Growth Opportunity segment.
- Provides sales expertise and consultation to sales leaders to generate profitable growth, revenue improvement and market share in agencies.
- Oversees the education, implementation and consistent application of consistent processes & methodologies for new and existing agency consulting; influences adoption of strategic initiatives by FSLs.
- Monitors and measures performance criteria of FSLs’ work with agencies via the journaling tool, usage of the Process Library, listening in via virtual methods, and traveling with leaders.
Financial Services (FS) Supervision
- Assists in securities supervision responsibilities; supports the Regional Sales Leader (RSL) and Regional Financial Sales Leader (RFSL) to ensure that registered representatives being supported meet SEC, NASD, and other Allstate Broker Dealer requirements (excludes Series 7 activity).
- Tracks and evaluates the frontline sales leaders’ completion and quality of Designated Supervisory Principal reviews.
- Ensures that all registered representatives participate in the annual compliance meeting and complete the required continuing education.
- Confirms compliance concerning the safeguarding of customer information.
Property-Casualty (P&C) and Traditional Life (TL) Compliance
- Focuses on ensuring P&C and TL compliance with regulatory requirements, as well as company policies and standards.
- Ensures that frontline sales leaders use existing technology/reports to monitor P&C and TL compliance issues, communicate findings and educate producers on acceptable business practices.
- Evaluates and holds frontline sales leaders accountable for the P&C and TL compliance results.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
- Recommended minimum 7-10 years combined sales management experience in P&C and FS.
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships within the sales organization and across other business functions.
- Experience in field sales leadership and P&C and FS sales.
- Designated Supervisory Principal
Analytical and Technical Skills
- Possesses general P&C and FS product knowledge.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze financial data and assess market conditions, trends and indicators.
- Displays knowledge of all aspects of sales process and drivers (examples include: projections, goals, targets, shop, buy, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, quality).
- Experience using Allstate technology (SMART reports, Agency Business Results, APP, MAR, eOffice,
- Gateway, etc.) and Microsoft Office products.
- Superior interpersonal skills – can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust, treats producers in a manner consistent with their respective agreements with the Company.
- Strong communication skills - includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Fosters a collaborative working relationship with Sales and other areas of responsibility/centers of expertise in Home Office.
- Problem solving – uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues.
- Development - fosters an environment that provides learning opportunities and support to direct reports.
- Planning and organizational skills - can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Ability to persuade others or gain acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals.
- Ability to accommodate overnight travel.
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- FINRA Series 6, 26 and 63 (where required) required or the ability to acquire in the timeframe set forth by the
- Allstate Broker Dealer.
- P&C, Life and Health Licensed in state of residence.
- Industry certifications (preferred).
- The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.