Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
• Preparation of files for pursuit of pleadings and motions
• Conducting discovery, including obtaining records and drafting & reviewing documents
• Interviewing clients
• Preparing trial materials
• Conducting legal research
• Works under the direction and supervision of a licensed attorney.
• Monitors and maintains compliance with Claim Litigation Management System- Team Connect.
• Education: Prefer a Bachelor's Degree in related field; and American Bar Association (ABA) approved Paralegal Certification OR a 2 - year degree (including a Paralegal Certification - American Bar Association (ABA) approved Paralegal Certificate)
• Meaningful experience in a litigation setting preferred; prior insurance defense experience a plus
• Knowledge of legal holds and discovery processes
• Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively regarding basic matters
• Ability to deliver results with a sense of urgency
• Basic project management skills and experience interacting with law firms & vendors
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Adobe Pro, Internet, and other web-based applications
• The ability to accurately process a variety of tasks and high volumes of work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Resourceful and self-Motivated
• Possesses effective communications skills necessary to interact with coworkers, clients, and claims partners
• A strong commitment to exceptional customer service and quality.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.