Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, on your first day of employment, we provide a competitive salary, tuition assistance, medical, vision and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
As a Claims Service Specialist, you deliver on our Good Hands® promise: to restore people’s lives when the unexpected happens by compassionately delivering world class service with integrity and superior value for all stakeholders.
In this vital role, you will:
- Manage a steady volume of inbound calls to assist Allstate customers, third party carriers and other claimants and vendors in our claim process
- Leverage proprietary resources and computer applications to file new claims and bring existing claims to resolution
- Complete outbound customer contacts and follow-up claim work to bring existing claims to resolution
- Utilize critical thinking skills to discover better ways of working and resolve complex problems in a team environment
- Thrive in an inclusive team environment that encourages diversity, balance and innovation
Start Date: March 19th, 2017
Starting effective salary: $15.00 hourly / $31,200 annually (paid bi-weekly)
Training: Paid 5 week training program which includes classroom and hands on training. Training Schedule will be Sunday – Thursday from 8:30am to 5:15pm with Friday and Saturday off.
Upon completion of training period, the ability to work a flexible schedule between the hours of the call center is a must with the potential to work Sundays (with one day off in lieu of Sunday worked) required.
Call center is open from 6:45 a.m. - 8 p.m. - Sunday through Friday
If you’re up to the challenge, here are some of the qualifications you’ll need to apply:
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for helping others
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer, typing and grammar skills
- Bilingual candidates fluent in English and Spanish encouraged to apply
- One year of customer service experience in an office environment - preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.