Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity Research is dedicated to the continuous extension, enhancement, and improvement of our understanding and use of data. Our purpose is to establish Arity’s position as an industry-leader.
Become a part of our story.
At Arity Research, you’ll find a collaborative and dynamic team focused on exploring new capabilities and pushing the boundaries of what is possible. The team works in a continuous innovation cycle of ideas, research, testing, and analysis. We work collaboratively with both ‘product teams’ and data scientists in support of Arity’s business goals.
As a talented and bold software engineer, you love to code and get your hands dirty. You’re an innovative thinker and agile problem solver looking to join an exciting team of dreamers and doers. Designing and developing android applications is what gets you up in the morning!
On our team, you will have the opportunity to partner closely with other highly skilled developers and machine learning engineers in order to drive results on the android platform. This is an excellent opportunity to exercise creativity: our projects take many forms and require a diverse, flexible set of technical skills.
You’re also an individual who…
● Embraces a continuously evolving breadth of projects and goals.
● Keeps up to date on the latest trends in software development.
● Dedicates time and interest to learning, teaching, and continuously improving.
● Desires to contribute concretely to design sessions, analytical discussions, and retrospectives.
● Innovates and problem-solves by using new techniques or tools.
● Takes initiative and works efficiently while maintaining a focus on the bigger picture.
● Effectively communicates learnings and findings with others in the team, leadership and department.
● Helps define best practices.
Education and Experience
● A BS or MS in either Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Physics.
● At least 5+ years of relevant work experience.
● Some experience working in an agile, extreme programming or paired programming environment is a plus.
● 5+ years of hands-on android application development experience or 5+ years backend server programming experience.
● Strong proficiency in Java.
● Experience with Android Studio.
● Familiarity with Industry Standard Source Control solutions (ex: Git, Subversion.)
● Up to date on Google development standards.
● Strong knowledge of phone features such as accelerometer, camera, GPS and experience interfacing with these functions.
● Demonstrated sound technical design.
● Ability to research and document project design, approach, and architecture.
● Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics.
● Ability to set aligned technical direction with all stakeholders.
● Ability to analyze and solve problems creatively.
● Outstanding verbal and written communication.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.