Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Led by Allstate’s Chief Data Officer, the Enterprise Data Strategy team is the foundation for data-driven decision making at Allstate. This team works across the Enterprise (including Allstate Protection, B2B, Allstate Financial, and Investments) to manage the strategy, integration and governance of data at Allstate.
This role will promote collaboration between business AOR’s and technology and advancing decision making across the company in alignment with the Enterprise Data Strategy. The Data Governance Manager is responsible managing and advancing the overall goals of the team in the following areas: Data Governance, Metadata Inventory & Quality, Master Data Management, Analytics Ecosystem and Data Information & Security.
- Oversees and manages one or more of the following Enterprise Data Strategy work streams:
- Improving data governance, metadata inventory and quality increases the reliability of our data (Data Governance, Metadata Inventory & Quality)
- Creating the single, trusted source for key business data that can be shared across the Enterprise (Master Data Management)
- Strategically enabling the right data to conduct analysis, inform decisions and deliver result (Analytic Ecosystem)
- Protecting our data assets through increased and appropriate security (Data Information & Security)
- Responsibilities within these work streams include:
- Manages & leads integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs in developing high quality deliverables, performance expectations, risk mitigation, and process development using an Agile methodology
- Translate technical concepts to business implications/capabilities to drive alignment and decision making
- Drives communication throughout the enterprise to elevate the organizations’ commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate data
- Provides direction and guidance to program resources (budget, staffing, etc.) and development contributing to program execution
- Works closely with leadership to set strategy and define success criteria for enterprise-wide initiatives
- Understands, interprets and documents costs/benefits for senior leadership alignment and continued investment
- Responsible for directing the work that needs to be performed by a team(s) and/or their direct reports
- 7+ years of experience in a data and/or analytic related function
- Undergraduate degree/MBA in Business, Finance (or related field) or relevant experience preferred
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Broad understanding of enterprise business units
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage and coach others
- Experience with Agile processes or with managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to design and lead complex analysis
- Expert ability to persuasively advocate a position and build momentum for change and action
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Ability to coach and develop staff, particularly in the areas of strategy and leadership
- Ability to inspire trust and influence management
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.