Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value. But transportation is just the beginning. From auto to home, financial wellness to personal health, our team works tirelessly to create new solutions that bring clarity to all aspects of life.
Data Quality within the Arity organization is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing a system of processes that will ensure the quality of the Arity products. This area works closely with data scientists, engineers, product managers, and other cross functional groups to meet commitments.
The Arity Data Quality Manager will be accountable for creating and executing processes, reporting, and analyses to monitor and ensure data quality at Arity. This role will be responsible for identifying and reporting data quality anomalies and monitoring data trends over time. In addition this role will promote collaboration between various Arity and Allstate Enterprise cross functional teams to inform and execute Arity’s data quality strategy.
This leader will have the business acumen to understand the corresponding use of the data for a given business need as well as be able to translate the impact of data anomalies to the business.
From a technical perspective, the Arity Data Quality Manager should be versed in complex data analysis, business rule development, reporting, and tools and systems used for the work.
This role will have a particular focus on the Location Safety and Insights body of work within Arity.
- Create and execute strategy for Data Quality at Arity
- Assess various data sources, design, and implement processes for data quality tracking and analysis. Present data quality outputs and data profiling results to cross functional teams and leadership
- Initiate corrective action based on quality issues or data indicators
- Lead data quality investigations and root cause analysis
- Manage, lead and execute integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs in developing high quality deliverables, performance expectations, risk mitigation, and process development
- Translate technical concepts to business implications/capabilities to drive alignment and decision making
- Drive communication throughout Arity and the Allstate Enterprise to elevate Arity’s commitment to clean, reliable, and accurate data
- Provide direction and guidance to program resources (budget, staffing, etc.) and development contributing to program execution
- Work closely with leadership to set strategy and define success criteria for initiatives
- Understand, interpret and document costs/benefits for Arity leadership alignment and continued investment
- Direct the work that needs to be performed by cross functional team(s) and/or direct reports
- 7+ years of experience in a data and/or analytic related function
- Undergraduate degree/MBA in Business, Finance, data science, statistics, mathematics, (or related field)or relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of Location Based Services
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Broad understanding of enterprise business units
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage and coach others
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to design and lead complex analysis
- Expert ability to persuasively advocate a position and build momentum for change and action
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment; manage both internal and external resources
- Ability to coach and develop staff, particularly in the areas of strategy and leadership
- Ability to inspire trust and influence management
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Expert Microsoft Office skills
- Proficiency ArcGIS, or QGIS experience
- Familiar with tools utilized in the marketplace to enable data, definition, linage capture, and data quality profiling
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.