Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data, Discovery and Decision Science job family is accountable for serving as a subject matter expert in the discipline of focus and leading or supporting the application of knowledge and techniques to impact business goals. The Behavioral Economist - Senior Manager is responsible for using customer data science and behavioral principles to understand customer insights, influence change and drive decision-making. This role is accountable for maintaining deep familiarity with academic literature in the field and should be a strong researcher with the ability to stay up-to-date on new findings and developments in the literature. This role is accountable for understanding of business context, applying behavioral principles in a business environment, influencing leadership across the department and enterprise, and identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement through behavioral research and insight
- Develop strategies and coach others to achieve business and corporate goals drawing upon broad functional expertise in behavioral economics
- Directs and leads the definition of research needs and development of appropriate methodologies for team
- Actively involved in talent development of behavioral economics for a D3, they will champion the sharing and adoption of these techniques and methodologies in an analytic environment
- Presents business cases and/or research findings and influences senior leaders across the enterprise to take recommended actions
- Interprets behavioral economics vision for a team and assist in enrolling others in that vision.
- Actively seeks to connect resources across departments to share expertise when appropriate.
- Influences and/or converts thinking of others or gains acceptance on complex ideas or new methodologies
- Leverages existing research to inform recommendations and decisions; identify new areas of research and techniques that can solve business problems
- Provides thought leadership on opportunities to deliver on business goals and improve performance, leveraging behavioral concepts and methodologies and in-depth knowledge of functional area goals and strategy
- Interprets broad goals and objectives into team priorities and activities utilizing effective project planning techniques to break down complex projects into tasks, manage scope of projects, and ensure deadlines are kept with a small number of team members
- Understands motivation and drivers for customer behavior via statistical and econometric analysis methodology
- Generates actionable insights related to customer needs and patterns of behaviors
- Collaborates with business units in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of behavioral insights and methodologies
- Serves as a behavioral economics subject matter expert and can consult on complex issues from both an internal and external perspective.
- Graduate degree strongly preferred in a social science field such as psychology, sociology, anthropology, etc. or Undergraduate degree with advanced business experience.
- Deep familiarity with literature in the discipline and ability to research new concepts and stay up-to-date
- Proven ability in applying principles of customer experience in a business environment
- Practical experience with inferential statistics and experimental design (focus groups, A/B testing)
- Ability to develop and/or revise tactics to support changing business strategies and direction
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data and to present this data to audiences with various levels of expertise
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a consultant and act as a liaison in area of expertise
- Ability to manage a wide range of loosely defined moderate to complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
- Proven experience working with statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, Matlab, R, etc.
- Demonstrated experience conducting analysis on data gathered from field experimentation, quantifying effects (logistic regressions, decision trees) and designing experiments to validate hypotheses
- A functional knowledge about business in general and seasoned, in-depth, multi-dimensional knowledge of industry and company economics
- High level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to lead a project team of various skills levels
- Experience working with a variety of customer data is preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.