Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
Arity is looking for a highly talented and technical cloud DevOps Engineer to help accelerate our growing cloud strategy focus.
- Working on the cutting edge of a wide range of innovative AWS uses cases.
- Architecting solutions for massive scale, resiliency and maintainability.
- Designing software-defined networks and secure data access.
- Setting-up and configuring AWS services to best practices.
- Integrating AWS asset provisioning with code release and continuous deployment processes.
- Automated software deployment and configuration management.
- Creating code assets and tools to accelerate customer projects.
- Coaching teams to be self-sufficient.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; Masters degree desired.
- 7+ years of related experience
- Hands-on technical practitioner and individual contributor.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments with many nodes.
- Familiarity with CloudFormation and JSON.
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Familiarity with any monitoring tools like Nagios, Incinga, SiteScope, etc.
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce).
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity.
- Experience with seamless/automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
- Experience with automated testing tools (ie. Selenium, JMeter).
- Understanding and experience with code deployment (tagging).
- Active open source contributor.
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA and REST)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.