Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The Data Business Analyst provides enterprise and project-level information analysis support that produces consistent, accurate, and complete information requirements that enhances the analytic and reporting lifecycle throughout the enterprise. In support of the analytic and reporting lifecycle, this position will create data definitions that follow established standards and guidelines, develop and manage the logical and physical views of data that are consistent with the business objectives, and provide consulting on new developments within the business intelligence space.
The Data Business Analyst provides a high level of expertise in a focused area of the business. The Data Business Analyst works independently on projects of all degrees of complexity, supporting multiple business units across a business AoR to advance their use of data and analytics. Through independent analysis and guided design, the Data Business Analyst defines, develops and implements data and business intelligence solutions for their assigned business AoR.
- Provides business knowledge and support for resolving technology issues across one or more areas of the business and across multiple projects
- Analyzes and translates business, data, functional, and user requirements and/or business rules into analytic and reporting requirements, data models and metadata deliverables by leading and guiding discussions internally with the project team and externally with business and technology partners
- Plans, develops and leads information gathering sessions
- Constructs and executes complex SQL queries and review data profiling results to discover semantics, patterns and value domains of data under analysis
- Performs complex data analysis utilizing multiple techniques to determine, document and communicate existing and potential future data relationships, profiles and quality levels; uncover anomalies and variances in data content from expected results
- Updates and maintains all logical (conceptual, relational, subject-level and dimensional) data models and other metadata deliverables at multiple levels of detail and functionality for a specific business subject area
- Plans, develops and facilitates inspection sessions to validate that modeled data and related metadata deliverables match and satisfy business data requirements
- Conducts reviews of physical data model and related technical detail with database administrators and technical developers as part of a single project's development life cycle
- Understands, applies, teaches others and drive improvements in the use of corporate metadata development tools and processes
- Leads the initiation of new projects through estimation and planning across a business AoR
- Develops and keeps current an approach to data management across multiple business AoRs
- Applies knowledge of tools and processes to drive data management for a business AoR
- Creates complex technical requirements through analyzing business and functional requirements
- Functional Competencies- Proficiency Levels
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: SQL, Python or SCALA
- Experience with data analysis and familiarity with data quality and data quality methods
- Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem and file structures
- AWS experience is a plus
- Experience working on Agile SCRUM teams is a plus
- College Degree with EIS or MIS classes or prior experience
- Prior experience in database modeling classes, MIS or EIS, system support, analytics, statistics
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.