Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The Supplier and Partner Manager will need to understand business drivers and forward looking strategy. You will work across the Arity Department as well as with Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures (ATSV) and Sourcing & Procurement Solutions (SPS). The Supplier and Partner Manager will develop and implement a model to evaluate, select, and manage vendors; anticipates business needs while providing strategic direction and oversight for all the Supplier and Partner relationship activities. This leader will be able to pull together cross-functional advisory groups to help inform decisions, understand both business and IT capabilities and participate in business strategy meetings. Relationship management is key to a successful vendor management including developing relationships, getting the most value out of the relationship and the dollars that are spent.
- Accountable operational metrics (set standards, provide governance, reporting); Supplier and Partner Management will consolidate and provide snapshot across; responsible for setting consistency around what is measured and responsible for governance
- Direct vendor to meet our strategic needs/alignment
- Partner with internal business stakeholders to maximize product use
- Understand trade-offs of sourcing options and provide recommendations
- Consult with the business on how to best solve a business need
Vendor Relationship Management
- Define role for high touch/low touch vendors
- Provide oversight including tools, templates, and governance
- Centralized control over contracts, including common data store visible throughout the organization
- Maintenance and oversight of the vendor management database
- Monitoring of the renewal workflow management
- Establish and own core vendor management guidelines
- Core vendor management reporting and governance
- Oversight to the Sourcing & Procurement Solutions (SPS) supplier performance and risk assessment; Facilitate the SPS supplier performance and risk process
- Leader and accountable for Supplier and Partner Management relationshipps
- Develop and maintain a process by which vendors are evaluated, selected and managed in accordance with established guidelines and best practices (e.g., Tiers)
- Develop vendor onboarding/off-boarding procedures
- Monthly reporting of Supplier and Partner Management activities – new vendors, contract modifications, etc.
- Maintain Supplier and Partner Management metrics, efficiency measures
- Manage overall relationship with SPS
- Report to appropriate Arity/Corporate committees
- Filter budget decisions for Arity leadership
- Manage contract authority (need to have more dialogue around implications/specifics)
- Use business strategy to drive thematic strategic vendor roadmap for Arity
- The Supplier and Partner Management Leader will have management oversight of:
- Vendor Portfolio Manager
- Performance Analyst
- Product Business Analyst
- Proven leadership/management experience in a matrixed environment
- Ability to engage and influence through thought leadership
- Ability to leverage resources and tools to accomplish objectives
- Ability to train others on immediate work group functions
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including Senior Leaders, Management staff, and Support staff
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context
- Advanced consulting skills
- Organizational knowledge/respect/credibility
- Broad understanding of SaaS markets
- Ability to build relationships within and across organizations
- Ability to influence outside of your direct line of authority
- Strong executive presence
- Strong communication skills
- Capability gap analysis
- Broad understanding of Arity’s processes and services
- Advanced strategic/conceptual thinking
- Vendor management strategy, knowledge and experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.