Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate’s innovation team is reinventing insurance by connecting the dots between strategy, consumer insights, technology, big data and design. As one of Allstate's innovation initiatives, we are developing a team to lead an ambitious project to create value at the confluence insurance, home services, big data and digital customer experience. The team is responsible for defining the strategy, building solutions, managing the product portfolio and building end user applications in this new and still emerging domain. We are carving out entirely new class of solutions that are driven by insights derived by data analytics in the home ownership space and related user experiences. These solutions are geared towards both consumers and B2B consumers in the home ownership ecosystem. We are looking for curious thinkers, researchers, creative software engineers and gritty product managers to join our team.
- Become the internal product expert for this initiative and its related insurance and non-insurance products. The platform consist of both a data and analytics platform as well as a digital consumer interface.
- Assist in definition of product vision, value proposition, and positioning for Home Care services.
- Champion the creation of a the platform with internal Allstate stakeholders and outside partners.
- Drive discussions and decision making on both business and highly technical issues engaging with internal and external technical expert. Mediate decisions that have technology implications.
- Conduct research and analysis of industry and market data (customers/competition/technology) that will impact home ownership lifecycle.
- Provide clear product and project prioritization based on business, consumer, technical and financial issues.
- Assist in developing technical documents that define market and product requirements.
- Work with Development, Operations, and Project Management teams to ensure development and delivery of products on time and manage expectations.
- Work closely with Customer Marketing/UX to facilitate creation of ground breaking user experiences across form factors.
- Represent Allstate in customer meetings, external functions, projects and consortia, as necessary.
- BA/BS required, preferably in computer science or engineering.
- MBA from reputable university highly desirable.
- Strong technical skills or experience in a technically complex product development environment (e.g. database and/or software applications).
- Ability to conceptualize, run, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience in information systems, big data and analytics experience highly desired.
- Experience in product managing mobile app (Android and iOS) and HTML5 based sites is desired.
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills with track record of navigating complex unstructured cross-functional environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Results oriented as demonstrated by proven ability to meet short deadlines and execute against multiple competing priorities with little direct supervision.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.