Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The Digital Product Management team is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of one or more products in Allstate’s growing and revolutionary Connected Car Technology (CCT) product portfolio.
Our business and delivery models are best described as B2B – enabling value across Allstate brands and outside of Allstate. Our key scenarios and patterns span a large landscape, but we have a common customer audience in software developers – members of a larger consumer ecosystem who will leverage the services you bring to market to improve the customer value in their existing apps and/or to create new solutions for connected consumer needs
The Sr. Digital Product Manager, Data Platform is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of two or more products in Allstate’s growing and revolutionary CCT product portfolio. The Sr. Digital Product Manager manages strategic product vision, product discovery and product delivery to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. The Sr. Digital Product Manager also collaborates with a Product Marketing Manager to plan and execute an integrated marketing plan to support market awareness and adoption for their product(s), as applicable. Sr. Digital Product Managers are also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture, including coaching and mentoring junior staff, stakeholders and peers.
• Create, drive and execute product strategy for two or more products in our growing digital product portfolio, measuring success by your performance relative to defined objectives and KPIs.
• Develop and inform data platform strategy via the effective combination of customer engagement, detailed market analysis, KPI management & business case development.
• Engage in product discovery activities to build and maintain empathy for your customers and to elicit their feedback to potential data and software product concepts and/or to released product iterations.
• Drive the development of data and software products alongside your Agile team(s) – grooming the product backlog, creating illustrative and effective user stories and providing timely acceptance/feedback on development iterations.
• Tell a great story about the value prop for your product and/or product portfolio to stakeholders, customers and/or the public across a variety of venue types
• Coach and mentor members of the team as well as members of the cross-functional development organization.
• Manage direct reports, as applicable
• 7+ years relevant product management or product development experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment related to Software-as-a-Service, Data-as-a-Service and/or Publisher/Subscriber business models
• Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you had the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your numbers, preferably across a portfolio of direct product responsibilities
• Proven ability to tell a story with data and to communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences and stakeholder types (e.g. Data Scientists, Product Managers, Software Engineers, Your Customers, et al)
• Clear passion for topics of Big Data, Mobility, Connected Car and/or Internet of Things products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in these product spaces
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science or business degree; MS or MBA desired
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.