Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As one of Allstate's next generation innovation initiatives, we are creating a team to lead an ambitious project to create value at the confluence financial services, big data and analytics and digital customer experiences. The team is responsible for defining the strategy, building solutions, managing the product portfolio and building end user applications in new and emerging domains. We are carving out entirely new class of solutions that are driven by insights derived by data analytics in our business lines and related user experiences. These solutions are geared towards both B2B customers as well as consumers in our ecosystem. We are looking for deep thinkers, researchers, smart software engineers and gritty product owners to join our team.
In this role we are seeking for a Product Manager with data analytics background that can lead the creation of a complex data lake. The product manager will support the identification, selection and standardization of the data based products and services. Additional responsibilities include:
- Become the internal owner for this data-driven initiative, execute all project aspects in partnership with internal and external constituencies.
- Drive all technical discussions with internal team and how the program integrates into Allstate systems.
- Identification, evaluation and prioritization of data sources
- Lead team through agile process, as product manager you will own the user story map and manage the backlog and the sprint schedule
- Responsible for product quality, version management, etc.
- Execute the product vision, value proposition, and positioning for the data platforms
- Process input from Customers and internal sources to provide clear product and project prioritization.
- Develop technical documents that define market and product requirements.
- Work with Development, Operations, and Project Management to ensure development and delivery of products on time and manage expectations.
- Exhibit strong sense of ownership and ability to work in global team environment.
- Work closely with Allstate’s Data and Analytics team as well as the Quantitative Research and Analytics team to deliver data sets that meets their analytical needs.
- Support ongoing relationships and strategic alignment with product stakeholders for key customer accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in Computer Science/Business/GIS.
- MBA a plus
- Strong technical skills or experience in a technically complex product development environment (e.g. database or software applications).
- Background in information systems, big data and analytics experience a must with close familiarity with contemporary tools and agile methodologies
- Exposure to Hadoop, Python, Hive, Spark, Java a big plus
- Experience driving business decisions –as key technical lead gathering and managing business requirements
- Ability to execute in a cross-functional team environment spread across many departments, while driving for desired outcomes.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Results oriented as demonstrated by proven ability to meet short deadlines and execute against multiple competing priorities with little direct supervision.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.