Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
The Finance Team at Arity does much more than work with numbers—they help us make the right long-term strategic decisions, whether through financial modeling or asking the necessary questions to help our business thrive. As a member of the Finance Team, you can expect to build advanced processes for our young company, help our hard-working team boost profitability, and work together to make Arity a well-oiled machine. This highly iterative group is excited to imagine and execute unique solutions that create growth in the industry, and have a little fun while doing so. Sound like you? Let’s chat!
This position involves working closely with Arity leadership to provide meaningful analysis on the drivers of expense and revenue projections, provide consulting on courses of action to ensure optimal expense control and revenue growth. Activities include historical trending reporting and analysis and future forecasting and planning.
- Lead and direct daily execution of analysis and communication of financial results, development of compelling storylines and formulation of financial projections for key products, markets and initiatives
- Facilitate achievement of business objectives with guidance from Arity leadership; while managing multiple deadlines, accountabilities, and competing priorities
- Build financial team excellence, developing analysts’ technical financial acumen and understanding of the business to position them for rotation and career advancement
- Ensure Arity Finance credibility and reputation of high quality (accurate, timely, relevant) financial measurement, reporting, planning and consulting
- This position may manage lower level analysts in accomplishing this work
- Serve as financial advisor, assisting leadership and stakeholders in a consultative manner and identifying needs in the areas of expense and revenue forecasting, planning, strategic planning, measurement, business case development, capital management and internal controls
- Build and communicate convincing story lines and forward thinking insights (with minimum focus/reliance on the numbers) to help leaders understand results, and anticipate/ understand challenges and opportunities for their business
- Work with Arity Finance leadership to prepare the strategic and operating plans for Arity and utilize forecast updates to impact/guide decisions
- Partner with product teams as financial advisor
- Lead team members to ensure team efficiency and effectiveness (e.g., conflict/problem resolution, process/system improvements, resource procurement, supportive environment)
- Maximize talent through consistent and effective use of the team’s talent management strategy
- High-level of knowledge of general corporate finance
- Demonstrated depth of financial and analytical expertise
- Knowledge of accounting principles and general audit procedures
- Experience as a business consultant in a finance related field – builds relationships with clients while offering analysis and recommending corrective actions based on emerging trends
- Organizational and time management skills – manages through ambiguity, prioritizes multiple projects to meet business needs
- Advanced analytical and financial model building skills
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement – personally and with work assignments
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective communication across multiple levels and mediums
- Exposure to talent and people management skills – screen/interview candidates, deliver/document performance feedback, manage/address performance issues, identify High Potential talent, recommend promotions and provide career guidance and mentorship
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or related area of study
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts, brain breaks and ping pong. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment