Avail is a new car sharing platform focused on improving mobility and reducing the cost of car ownership. We give car owners a way to earn extra income from their idle cars and connect drivers with a convenient, affordable way to drive a car when they want.
We are looking for a versatile, considerate leader to work closely with our CEO on Avail’s most pressing topics. A successful person in this role will be able to pivot between helping Avail leaders drive strategy, providing effective communication counsel across the organization, and getting their hands dirty in operations when required. This role requires someone who is tenacious and can leverage their established strategy skillset in developing structure to complex and ambiguous problems for the Avail leadership team.
Strategic Development and Communication
- Drive cross-functional priorities and build consensus with senior leadership across the organization.
- Provide process and discipline to unstructured problems, creating measurable project milestones.
- Create and manage a communication plan that is based on Avail’s business goals.
- Ensure integration of key messages into organization and functional-level communications in order to ensure consistency.
Relationship Management and Implementation
- Influence the work of cross-functional teams to ensure all initiatives and strategies are supporting Avail’s business objectives.
- Coordinate integration of work processes, planning, and execution with all appropriate functional areas, including the prioritization of work.
- Provide communication counsel to all functional area leaders, providing them with the knowledge and direction necessary to communicate appropriately to various audiences.
- Proactively manage emerging and existing issues that may have an impact on overall business objectives.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced decision-making skills, including ability to react and adapt quickly.
- Strong people and thought leadership; ability to develop, mentor and coach others.
- Concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable.
- Demonstrated expertise in constructing logical storylines in PowerPoint.
- 2+ years of experience as a start-up Chief of Staff or similar role, top tier management consultant, or member of a top tier Corporate Strategy team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, cross regional, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
- Embody the Avail team’s 5 core values: Transparency, Collaboration, Bias for Action, Customer-Obsession, and Integrity.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.