Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Decision Support and Analytics team is part of the Investments Risk and Return group. This team is responsible for the development of an investment data and analytics platform, as well as delivering reporting and analysis that drive investment and business decisions. The Analytics Lead will focus on defining analytics requirements, data sourcing, analysis and report management. A successful candidate will be able to work with key leaders to support complex research requests, identify data and analytics requirements and develop data processes to support the project. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to advance their career in the fields of finance and analytics.
- Identify relevant data required to support the development of Analytics Data Warehouse
- Evaluate existing processes to identify opportunities to enhance disparate data
- Work with key stakeholders to define data and analytics requirements to support Risk/Return objectives
- Develop POC solutions across multiple data sources to enhance SQL Server-based platform
- Perform data analysis to evaluate quality and gaps of new data sources
- Validate calculation logic and quality of vendor analytics
- Build calculation methodology for performance attribution
- 5-10 years of relevant experience working with portfolio and risk analytics, performance measurement, or performance attribution.
- Experience working across multiple asset classes, including both public and private assets
- Experience working with BlackRock Aladdin or eFront a plus
- Proficiency in SQL required with experience using large relational databases (i.e. SQL Server, Oracle)
- R, Python or scripting language a plus
- Experience with widely used analytics tools, such as Tableau
- Strong independent thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- CFA, or progress towards CFA preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.