Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate’s rapidly growing User Experience and Design Group is looking for a highly motivated, UX Visual Designer who will be responsible for crafting innovative, award-winning interfaces for various responsive web, mobile platforms and marketing experiences. Our ideal candidate possesses a broad understanding of multiple design avenues but is focused and thrives in the discipline of Visual Design. You can expect to work closely with Lead Designers and take on responsibilities that push you to learn and grow your skills. A passion for user centered design is a must.
The Allstate Experience Design team is a multi-disciplinary group that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide a positive, engaging and productive experience. The team is made up of Experience Designers, UX Writers, UX Researchers, Front-end Engineers, and Visual Designers who work together to design delightful experiences.
The team is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions
Are you able to?
- Design beautiful and smart responsive web and native mobile solutions that delight consumers
- Focus on both conceptual and detail design
- Understand and interpret brand and business needs, and transform them into innovative, creative and results-oriented digital solutions
- Create & iterate visual design deliverables under the guidance of Lead Designer
- Ensure design consistency and quality across multiple digital channels
- Brainstorm big ideas in a group setting and express your opinion
- Effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Maintain relevancy in the field by monitoring digital trends, attending workshops and joining professional groups
Education & Experience
- 2-5 years of mobile/visual design experience in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree in visual or graphics design, BA in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber visual communication, web, mobile design and production skills
- Fluent in Sketch, Zeplin and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience designing responsive websites as well as native mobile (iOS and Android)
- An understanding of user-centered design in UX patterns
- Ability to work within brand guidelines to create compelling visual solutions
- Collaborate effectively with Information Architecture to translate wireframes into works of art
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Highly motivated, positive and a passionate team player
- Ability to work collaboratively and think flexibly
- Naturally curious, empathetic, humble and passionate about human-centered design
- Ability to work across multiple methodologies and processes and help to improve upon them
- Organized and able to manage personal and project timetables
- Engaging and effective communicator of ideas
- Keep up to date in respective fields by monitoring trends, attending workshops and conferences, joining professional groups, and sharing craft and successes
- Inspire others with enthusiasm and work ethic
- Illustration capabilities
- Motion and micro animation
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.