Build your career. It’s all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate’s Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
Allstate’s growing Creative User Experience and Design Group is looking for a Senior Visual Designer with experience in iOS, Android and responsive web applications, as well as digital marketing on .com sites and email communications. We are looking for someone who wants to do innovative, award-winning work in a flexible, fun, caring environment where they are treated with respect.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will work on diverse digital initiatives within the enterprise and be responsible for the essence of the brand and library of native components. Your in-depth understanding of visual design principles and desire to push conceptual thinking and the latest design and technology trends will be critical in creating experiences that meet the needs of consumers on an emotional level.
- Design beautiful and smart native mobile solutions that delight our agents and customers
- Understand and interpret brand, user and business needs, in order to develop innovative, creative and results-oriented digital solutions
- Partner with UX Architects, Copywriters, Researchers and Technology team members to ensure design follows best practices, optimizes messaging and is technically feasible?
- Work on large-scale mobile applications while juggling multiple stakeholder initiatives?
- Be an engaging and effective communicator of ideas
- Inspire others with your enthusiasm and work ethic
- Brainstorm big ideas in a group setting and express your opinion
- Ensure design consistency and quality across multiple digital channels
- Maintain relevancy in the field by monitoring digital trends, attending workshops and joining professional groups
- Strong, smart and beautiful portfolio demonstrating expertise in concept, design and visual hierarchy concerning native mobile experiences
- BFA or BA in related field,
or equivalent work experience, or digital UI/UX bootcamp certification (focused on Visual).
- 5+ years of visual design experience in a collaborative environment
- Proven ability to work within brand and native guidelines to create compelling visual solutions
- Proficient with a wide range of design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision and/or Zeplin
- Ability to work effectively from information architecture and translate wireframes into modular, consistent, and usable designs.
- Understanding of capabilities and limitations of mobile specific technologies (you will not be expected to code)
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Highly motivated, positive and a passionate team player
- Working knowledge of Sketch and InVision or the strong desire to learn.
- UX or Human Factors training
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of mobile grid systems and the differences between Android and iOS components.
- Strong affinity for iOS and Android Interface Guidelines.
- Strong understanding of digital typography, typographic hierarchy, and native styles.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit “Managing Your Career” located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.