The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
**We are open to qualified individuals who are willing to work from our strategic Allstate offices in Charlotte, NC or Irving, TX.**
The Cyber Risk Consultant develops portions of and evaluates compliance with programs, processes, and procedures to mitigate cybersecurity risk and ensure protection of company information and assets; researches and suggests interpretations of industry and government regulations, standards, and contract requirements for application to assigned area of operations.
- Lead analysis of business and technical needs for assigned area to create requirements and specifications
- Develop, communicate, and execute portions of programs and processes that provide guidance and promote cybersecurity risk awareness and management in alignment with operational needs
- Lead ongoing and incident-forensic audits of governance process and procedure compliance
- Track metrics and document / analyze results to provide insight and suggestions for changes and enhancements
- Review and analyze research, documentation, and guidance from Legal resources of regulatory, contract, and industry requirements for cybersecurity governance to develop and approve potential application
- Coordinate and communicate required filings and documentation
- Develop and expand knowledge of risk and governance management and demonstrate capability to communicate and explain complex regulatory topics to less-experienced team members
Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of IT and/or Cybersecurity experience
- 2+ years within Cyber Risk domain/function preferred
- Intermediate decision-making skills and ability to escalate when appropriate
- Ability to establish and manage relationships with internal and external partners
- Intermediate time and project management skills including ability to prioritize and organize
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to think conceptually, analytically, and creatively
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze data and apply it to problem resolution
Certifications / Licenses / Registrations (preferred, not required):
- CompTIA Security+
- Technical Foundations Certificate (CSX)
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt
- Archer Administration
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.