The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
**We are open to applicants to work from our Allstate strategic local offices in the following markets: Charlotte, NC; Phoenix, AZ; & Dallas / Fort Worth, TX. Strong qualified individuals in other US geographic markets will be given consideration as potential home-based professionals.**
The Manager of Penetration Testing & Exploit Development will be responsible for driving an offensive security program to holistically test systems and applications for vulnerabilities and demonstrate the impact to the business through exploitation. This person will lead a multi-national team of Penetration Testing Engineers to protect the Allstate Family of Brands. The individual stepping into this role will lead by forming strong partnerships within the organization and guide their team members by providing vision, strategy, and prioritization to identify vulnerabilities in the environment in a timely and effective manner.
- Own and drive the penetration testing program strategy for the Allstate Family of Brands including management of third party testing services and/or bug bounty programs
- Be a champion for vulnerability services and information security including broadening awareness and use of the team’s services, education of security best practices and integration with other business areas.
- Drive actionable metrics and reporting for operations and leadership transparency
- Provide prompt attention and visibility into risks, vulnerabilities, and issues serving as an escalation path for team member effectiveness
- Closely support and collaborate with other Cyber Security Operations teams
- Provide support on incidents and outages as necessary to enable effectiveness of the team and its operations
- Serve as subject matter expert related to penetration testing, secure development, and secure configuration
- Have the ability to understand and develop enterprise policy and technical standards with specific regard to secure development/deployment and vulnerability management
- Be able to successfully partner with other security and IT professionals to assess potential impact from vulnerabilities specific to Allstate’s environment, and determine and implement mitigating controls.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate vulnerabilities and reduce potential impacts on information resources to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Build strong partnerships with technical teams to promote best practices for managing vulnerabilities in an agile manner and within cloud solutions.
- Ability to fully understand business requirements and work with them to define appropriate solutions security objectives while meeting the business need.
- Providing mentorship, coaching, performance management and support to team members with regard to advanced offensive security techniques, vulnerability assessment, communication/rapport with other divisions and various levels of leadership, technical expertise, and career development.
- Continuously develop and execute training exercises and Capture the Flag activities for Cyber Security Operations Center teams to increase technical skills and understanding of the attacker mindset
- Oversight of onboard and offboard resources
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree or equivalent experience in Information Security, Engineering, Computers Science, or related field
- 5+ years experience in penetration testing, offensive security, red teaming
- Drive to learn new things about vulnerability management, exploits, hacker techniques, and overall security operations
- Familiar with industry standard security best practices and multiple techniques for penetration testing
- Advanced experience with multiple open source tools for security testing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to think clearly and make decisions under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources
- Experience working in very large enterprise environment with diverse teams.
- Experience guiding and coaching others in subject matter
- Excels at prioritizing work and other demands for self and team including making risk-based decisions about remediation recommendations
- Ability to define, communicate, and execute on a vision and strategy
- Effective written, verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast securing evolving technology such as cloud and mobile computing.
- Knowledge of PCI, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls
- CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GMOB, OSCP or other industry certification or expected completion of certification within 1 year of hire.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.