Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Experience Design team is a multi-disciplinary group that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide a positive, engaging and productive experience. The team is made up of Experience Designers, UX Writers, UX Researchers, Front-end Engineers, and Visual Designers who work together to design delightful experiences.
The team is responsible for applying knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions.
The UX writer is responsible for content the user encounters when navigating their way around a product. Be it a website, a mobile app or a piece of software, copy is crucial in guiding the user and helping them complete their desired actions.
The UX Writer possesses strong cross-functional collaboration and communication skills that allow them to write for various types of digital work. Their toolkit should include experience writing UI copy, microcopy and consumer-facing copy and understanding the minute differences between them.
The UX Writer works within a team of practitioners to drive the communication and story-telling aspects of the UX/UI experience. Under the oversight of the Sr UX Writer and Associate Creative Director, they identify and design content activities within the product roadmap, aligning efforts with the larger business and development strategy. They also collaborate with the UX content team to define and grow Allstate content and to be an educator supporting the execution of quality content management, production, and strategy throughout the organization.
- Ideate, write, manage and govern UX content within and around a product/business area
- Ensure Allstate brand consistency and quality in all work
- Ability to move content forward despite uncertainty
- Participation in human-centered design workshops
- Work in a multi-disciplinary design team including Visual Designers, User Experience Architects, UX Researchers, Product Designers and more. Assist with content audits, inventories, and content mapping
- Ideate, write, manage and govern UX content within and around your products/business area
Must submit link to portfolio to be considered.
We think you will come to this role with:
- A background in content strategy, management, copywriting, journalism, marketing, advertising, or other applicable writing experience.
- Experience with content management tools and deliverables
- Excellent communication skills, including storytelling, UX writing, and presentation
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years as a UX writer, content strategist, content manager, or content designer (or equivalent work experience)
- A smart, solid portfolio of UX writing work that demonstrates how you think
- Enthusiasm and a passion for good content and how it can make our products and business better
- The ability to educate and advocate for user-focused content
- Ability to work collaboratively and think flexibly.
- Naturally curious, empathetic, humble and passionate about human-centered design.
- Ability to work across multiple methodologies and processes and help to improve upon them.
- Organized and able to manage personal and project timetables.
- Engaging and effective communicator of ideas.
- Keep up to date in respective fields by monitoring trends, attending workshops and conferences, joining professional groups, and sharing craft and successes.
- Inspire others with enthusiasm and work ethic.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
The salary range for this position is $76,000 – $92,000. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.