The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Schedule and Compensation
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR CALIFORNIA, HAWAII, ALASKA, PUERTO RICO, AND NEW YORK RESIDENTS.
Start Date: June 24th, 2021
Base Salary: $16 per hour, $33,280 annually (paid bi-weekly)
Adjustments to the following schedule are possible. Our service department is open 7 days a week. We ask that applicants pursuing this position have the flexibility to work a multitude of varying schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Our formal education process is broken into 2 phases. After training is completed you will move to the transition phase.
- Training Period (5 weeks)
- 2:30pm – 11:00pm EST, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Off Sunday and Wednesday
- Transition / Permanent Schedule (7 weeks):
- 2:30pm – 11:00pm EST, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Off Sunday and Wednesday
We utilize shift bids to determine future schedules. Shift bids are based off performance and schedules are determined by call volume and customer need.
There are no guarantees to production schedules. Our departments has a wide variety of shifts. Some start in the early morning, mid-morning, early afternoon and late afternoon.
The Customer Contact Center is growing our Virtual workforce and we are looking for customer-centric, charismatic, talented individuals who thrive in a collaborative and challenging environment. Customer Service is committed to delivering an effortless, efficient and personalized customer experience.
It is Allstate's goal to support our customers how, when and where they want to be served. The Customer Contact Center provides service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. As a result, it is critical that all our team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and holidays. Schedules are subject to change due to business need. Evening and Saturday hours are required.
We have very targeted service and sales goals to drive excellence in our interaction with our customers to drive consistent customer satisfaction. Signing up new customers and servicing existing customers will be in scope for this position. The Customer Insurance Representative is an extension of our Allstate Agencies and Allstate.com.
In this role you will create an exceptional customer experience through handling inbound customer service calls and internal call transfers for cross sale opportunities, which contributes to improved customer satisfaction and retention. Allstate will support maintaining Insurance license to include continuing education requirements.
Applicants will be notified via e-mail regarding potential interviews and hiring events for this position. Please check your e-mail on a daily basis to include your junk mail in the event the email is not in your inbox.
- Support our Customers by delivering an effortless and personalized experience
- Active listening, showing interest, compassion and displaying empathy for the customer.
- Proactively identify and act on additional protection opportunities to promote policy growth and improve customer retention, applying effective selling and influencing techniques.
- Demonstrate accuracy in processing changes to customer policies based on the information provided.
- Ensure first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions.
- Answer customer inquiries that require an agent’s license on coverages, limits and deductibles and review customer policies, discuss options and update customer policy records.
- Work in a dynamic “virtual’ environment
- Ensure internet service and connections are in working order at all times
- Be proficient in multi-tasking on the computer, phone and chat rooms to support customer requests.
- Be available, present and actively ready to receive calls without distractions
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year customer service experience
- Previous call center experience a plus
- Flexibility with changes to business requirements (ie: shift and weekend work schedules)
- Excellent listening and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills including keyboard proficiency
- Strong ability to troubleshoot at home technical issues
- Experience in work from home environment a plus
We are committed to leveraging technology to enable home based work in combination with our traditional call centers. Qualified candidates will need a dedicated work space and must meet internet access standards for consideration. As a commitment to our customer and employee experience hardware is provided (computer and peripherals)
Standard Technical Requirements
- Home Internet service must be stable.
- 50 Mbps Download and 5 Mbps upload internet service packages
- Access to hardwire (plug-in) ethernet/network cable to your modem/router during your shift.
- Wifi connection is not allowed
- Cannot use satellite, hotspots, MIFI devices, wireless AC wall plug-in extenders, repeaters, boosters and/or pods nor wall outlets (smart home feature)
- Space for Desktop equipment and 2 monitors – Allstate will provide all equipment
Information Security requirements
- Minimum Requirements – (summary, not all inclusive)
- Established or Dedicated Work area at home, ensuring:
- No one can see your screens, keyboards or Allstate documents
- Area is located where no one can overhear your conversations
- Free from potential hazards affecting equipment (e.g. pets, plants, water, etc.)
- Workspace is not vulerable to theft
- Free from distractions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.