The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Customer Contact Center is growing our virtual workforce and we are looking for customer-centric, charismatic, talented individuals who thrive in a collaborative and challenging environment. We are committed to providing unapparelled customer service delivering an effortless, efficient, and personalized customer experience.
As a full-time Service Representative, you will:
In this role you will create an exceptional customer experience by handling inbound customer service calls, which contributes to improved customer satisfaction and retention.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose:
We help customers realize their hopes and dreams by providing the best products and services to protect them from life’s uncertainties and prepare them for the future. For 90 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
We provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning.
- $33,280 base pay / $16.00 per hour
- Pay differentials may apply for shifts and bilingual
- Paid training and licensing
- Internet reimbursement
- Employees local to an office will have the choice to select – Work from home or Hybrid (work in the office several days a week)
- Eligible for Allstate’s full suite of employee benefits from day one including health insurance, pension, 401k, tuition reimbursement, wellbeing programs and so much more.
Sign-On and Retention Bonuses – Effective July 29, 2021
- Sign On: $500 paid after 30 days of employment!
- Retention: Earn up to an additional $1500!
- Paid out 30 days after key employment milestones — $500 at 6 months, $500 at 12 months, and $500 at 18 months
- You must maintain satisfactory performance and remain in this role to qualify
You’d be a great fit if you have:
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- The capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment
- Active listening, compassion and displaying empathy for the customer
- The ability to process changes to customer policies based on the information provided
- The ability to answer customer inquiries on coverages, limits and deductibles, and update customer policy records
- The ability to work in a dynamic virtual/work from home environment
- Proficiency in multi-tasking on the computer, phone and chat rooms to support customer requests
- The ability to be available, present and actively ready to receive calls without distractions
- Current internet services and connections that are in working order
- A strong ability to troubleshoot at home technical issues
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1-year customer service experience preferred
- Previous contact center experience a plus
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR CALIFORNIA, HAWAII, ALASKA, PUERTO RICO, AND NEW YORK RESIDENTS.
Our contact center provides support to our customers 24 hours a day,7 days a week, 365 days a year, including holidays.
As the first point of contact to our customers you will play a vital role as an Allstate team member. We request that all team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and holidays. Schedules are subject to change due to business need.
Throughout our 12-week paid training program you will learn a wide variety of insurance related policies, procedures, and best in class customer service techniques. Our training is a combination of self-paced learning, instructor led, debrief sessions, call/chat observations, and hands on call/chat handling.
Multiple Start Dates – All schedules are in Eastern Standard Time:
September 9th, 2021
Training hours: 10:00am to 6:30pm EST Monday to Friday – Off Saturday and Sunday
Transition / Post classroom hours: 10:00am to 6:30pm EST – Off Sunday/Monday
September 16th, 2021
Training hours: 12:00pm to 8:30pm EST Monday to Friday – Off Saturday and Sunday
Transition / Post classroom hours: 12:00pm to 8:30pm EST – Off Sunday/Tuesday
September 23rd, 2021
Training hours: 9:00am to 5:30pm EST Monday to Friday – Off Saturday and Sunday
Transition / Post classroom hours: 9:00am to 5:30pm EST – Off Sunday/Wednesday
September 30th, 2021
Training hours: 1:00pm to 9:30pm EST Monday to Friday – Off Saturday and Sunday
Transition / Post classroom hours: 1:00pm to 9:30pm EST – Off Sunday/Friday and 10:00am to 6:30pm EST on Saturday
We are committed to leveraging technology to enable home based work in combination with our traditional call centers. Qualified candidates will need a dedicated work space and must meet internet access standards for consideration. As a commitment to our customer and employee experience hardware is provided (computer and peripherals)
Standard Technical Requirements
- Home Internet service must be stable.
- 50 Mbps Download and 5 Mbps upload internet service packages
- Access to hardwire (plug-in) ethernet/network cable to your modem/router during your shift.
- Wifi connection is not allowed
- Cannot use satellite, hotspots, MIFI devices, wireless AC wall plug-in extenders, repeaters, boosters and/or pods nor wall outlets (smart home feature)
- Space for Desktop equipment and 2 monitors – Allstate will provide all equipment
Information Security requirements
- Minimum Requirements – (summary, not all inclusive)
- Established or Dedicated Work area at home, ensuring:
- No one can see your screens, keyboards or Allstate documents
- Area is located where no one can overhear your conversations
- Free from potential hazards affecting equipment (e.g. pets, plants, water, etc.)
- Workspace is not vulerable to theft
- Free from distractions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.