The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This role pays in the range of $62,500 and $97,000 per year and is based on qualifications and experience.
- A culture of learning where you can expect to develop foundational skills for the future
- Leadership teams that are communicative and compassionate
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- Potential for flexible work arrangements
- A culture in which you dress for your day
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
You can view all Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
The Test Engineer Sr. Consultant I owns all test coordination, planning and creation or execution on an agile or waterfall project, focusing on the creation and execution of automated test scripts for medium complexity projects, assists in the development of the test strategy as a quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, and defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test automation architecture and may enhance and modify the test automation framework.
- Participate in Daily Scrum Standup’s, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and retrospective meetings.
- Provide estimates on Testing Tasks in each sprint during Sprint planning
- Designing, coding and documenting automated test cases within a defined framework that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Lead all aspects of QA including Test planning, Test data setup, integration testing and end to end testing for specific product teams.
- Design and develop in sprint Automation test cases.
- Review, Analyze & Document bugs/issues accurately and clearly and review with scrum teams on need basis.
- Report test metrics utilizing standard reporting format.
- Collaborate with Engineering Managers, Product owners, Business Analysts, Scrum masters and Tech leads during sprints.
- Identify and communicate issues, Blockers, escalate risks, propose mitigation plan in timely manner and responsible for final QA signoff on all user stories.
Education and Experience
- 5-8 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Good to have INS 21,22 or 23 Certifications
5-8 years of Hands-on experience in Large Data integration programs performing SDET or ETL Test engineer role.
Proficient in development languages such as Java, Java script and Python(nice to have)
Ability to write basic to more advanced SQL queries(Must have) for Data validation Test scripts.
Hands-on experience in Unix Shell scripting.
ETL Testing Experience (with Ab Initio or any ETL Tool )
Develop and Maintain CICT Pipelines using Jenkins, Github
Design, develop and maintain automated regression suites for UI automation using Selenium and Java.
Experience in developing automation within Agile/Scrum
Kafka knowledge (Nice to have)
Familiar with confluence and VersionOne.
Insurance Domain Knowledge preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.