Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work here—the dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
That’s because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldn’t be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We don’t just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.
At Arity, our Data Science team is at the core of helping us transform mobility. Not only do we know how to analyze and find meaning within billions of miles of driving data collected from smartphones, onboard devices and third parties, but we are passionate about how it affects the end-users of our products. On our team, people get the opportunity to build scalable distributed data pipelines, develop and deploy an array of machine learning algorithms, and create eye-opening data visualizations. We find top talent from various quantitative disciplines to collaborate with product owners, software engineers, and experience designers in development teams to create innovative products that make transportation smarter, safer, and more useful for everyone.
As a Senior Data Analytics Engineer at Arity, you will help drive decisions at scale using our unique combination of driving and mobility data along with insurance, shared mobility, and mobile app data that helps us understand transportation and the risk of behaviors on the road. You will collaborate with product owners, data scientists, software engineers, and designers to develop and deploy robust, scalable services that enhance our understanding of user mobility. Success in this highly dynamic role depends on your ability to be flexible, curious, and quick to adapt. You will create ETL using stream-based processing and distributed computing from inception to solution, supporting technical expertise with strong business acumen. You will also help shape and grow our culture we have worked hard to establish – promoting recognition of good work, continuous learning, winning together, and having fun along the way.
Your day-to-day looks like:
- Build data pipelines and infrastructure to support the needs of machine learning and analytics as part of a cross-functional team
- Connect raw data to business meaning and understand data generation and flows in the context of business impact
- Communicate anomalies and work towards resolution
- Execute rapid development of new data and analytic work tracks with fast iteration over quick sprints
- Oversee the development of new concepts and proof of concept designs of moderate complexity
- Ensure prototypes meet the organization standards to allow transfer to production, if applicable
- Solve problems with a multidisciplinary approach, combining technical expertise with business knowledge
- Leverage “agile” data analysis with technology fluency in parallel processing/programming, software/programming languages and analytical technologies (Hadoop/Spark, NoSQL or traditional databases)
- Facilitate deployment of predictive models in production using technologies such as Flink, Cassandra or containers (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience driving complex data engineering projects from ideation through to completion, typically gained through at least a few years of experience in a similar role
- Degree in a field such as computer science, mathematics, data architecture, or equivalent experience or skills
- Experience writing code in Python (Scala/Java, a plus)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum, AWS, CI/CD, and SQL
- Proficiency in Linux, bash, and Jupyter Notebooks
- Advanced data sourcing and content management skills
- Experience in time and task management
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate across teams
- Experience mentoring junior team members
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or another technical field
- Strong development knowledge and experience in Hadoop big data stack (e.g. HDFS, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Experience in interviewing and hiring technical resources
- Demonstrated capability to learn new technologies and follow industry trends
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
That’s the day-to-day, now let’s talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But you’ll be working for—and at—Arity. It’s the best of both worlds. You’ll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. That’s more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. It’s a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
The salary range for this level position is $95,000 – $136,300. The salary offered is commensurate with experience.
Arity.com Instagram Twitter LinkedIn
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment