Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Customer Contact Center is growing our virtual workforce and we are looking for customer-centric, charismatic, talented individuals who thrive in a collaborative and challenging environment. We are committed to providing unapparelled customer service delivering an effortless, efficient, and personalized customer experience.
As a full-time Service Representative, you will:
In this role you will create an exceptional customer experience by handling inbound customer service calls and contribute to an exceptional customer experience.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose:
We help customers realize their hopes and dreams by providing the best products and services to protect them from life’s uncertainties and prepare them for the future. For 90 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
We provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning.
- Compensation for this position is $19.50 per hour / $40,560 base pay (Paid bi-weekly)
- Pay differentials may apply for shifts and bilingual
- Paid training and licensing
- Monthly Internet reimbursement
- Employees local to an office will have the choice to select – Work from home or Hybrid (work in the office several days a week)
Sign-On and Retention Bonuses
- If you already have your P&C License prior to day one, you will get a $3,000 sign-on bonus paid after 30 days of employment!
- If Allstate is assisting you with getting your P&C licenses, we will pay you $2,000 for passing your P&C Licensing exam on the 1st attempt, which is paid 30 days after passing exam!
- Retention: Earn up to an additional $3000!
- Paid out 30 days after key employment milestones– $1000 at 6 months, $1000 at 12 months, and $1000 at 18 months
- You must maintain satisfactory performance and remain in this role to qualify
You’d be a great fit if you have:
- A desire to have a nationally recognized certification by attaining your Property and Casualty license
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- The capacity to multi-task in a structured work environment
- Active listening, compassion and displaying empathy for the customer
- The ability to process changes to customer policies based on the information provided
- The ability to answer customer inquiries on coverages, limits and deductibles and review customer policies, discuss options and update customer policy records
- The ability to work in a dynamic virtual/work from home environment
- Proficiency in multi-tasking on the computer, phone and chat rooms to support customer requests
- The ability to be available, present and actively ready to receive calls without distractions
- Current internet services and connections that are in working order
- A strong ability to troubleshoot at home technical issues
- Allstate will assist you in passing a Property and Casualty license state exam within 3 weeks of start date at Allstate expense, if passsed on 1st or 2nd attempt
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1-year customer service experience preferred
- Previous contact center experience a plus
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR CALIFORNIA, HAWAII, ALASKA, PUERTO RICO, AND NEW YORK RESIDENTS.
Our contact center provides support to our customers 24 hours a day,7 days a week, 365 days a year, including holidays.
As the first point of contact to our customers you will play a vital role as an Allstate team member. We request that all team members can commit to a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and holidays. Schedules are subject to change due to business need.
Throughout our 12-week paid training program you will learn a wide variety of insurance related policies, procedures, and best in class customer service techniques. Our training is a combination of self-paced learning, instructor led, debrief sessions, call/chat observations, and hands on call/chat handling.
For our upcoming classes beginning in October, we have varying start times requiring evenings and weekends. If you are flexible and available to work evenings and weekends, this is the job for you! We will confirm your start time during your interview.
During the first five weeks, you will have Monday- Friday schedule and then shift to your future production schedule which includes a weekend and weekday off
We are committed to leveraging technology to enable home based work in combination with our traditional call centers. Qualified candidates will need a dedicated work space and must meet internet access standards for consideration. As a commitment to our customer and employee experience hardware is provided (computer and peripherals)
Standard Technical Requirements
- Home Internet service must be stable.
- A minimum of 50 Mbps Download and 5 Mbps upload internet service packages
- Access to hardwire (plug-in) ethernet/network cable to your modem/router during your shift.
- Wifi connection is not allowed
- Cannot use satellite, hotspots, MIFI devices, wireless AC wall plug-in extenders, repeaters, boosters and/or pods nor wall outlets (smart home feature)
- Space for Desktop equipment and 2 monitors – Allstate will provide all equipment
Information Security requirements
- Minimum Requirements – (summary, not all inclusive)
- Established or Dedicated Work area at home, ensuring:
- No one can see your screens, keyboards or Allstate documents
- Area is located where no one can overhear your conversations
- Free from potential hazards affecting equipment (e.g. pets, plants, water, etc.)
- Workspace is not vulerable to theft
- Free from distractions
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment