The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Marketing Operations provides a complete suite of marketing services for contacting Allstate customers with non-contractual communications. Includes direct marketing campaign development for all channels as well as operational reporting, data management and vendor services.
This role provides for design analysis and strategy, supports project planning and can develop code and design for complex projects/flowcharts. Leads the review of code, design and testing for lesser experienced personnel and peers, and leads a team of resources. Also serves as a technical expert and coaches / mentors other application developers.
- Work with key business stakeholders
- Administrative accountability for a small team
- Leads multiple project efforts simultaneously
- Recommends to leadership, strategy for campaign/program rules implementation, assists in making decisions by which the program development is conducted.
- Critique and evaluate detailed business, functional and high-level technical requirements
- Creates high-level architecture and design solutions for high-complexity projects
- Acts as a referral expert in appropriate data structures, vended packages, techniques and design methods
- Determines, promotes and maintains templates and design standards
- Determines programming approach, tools and techniques that best meet the business requirements.
- Determines upgrades strategy based on business strategic direction
- Perform coding of complex flowcharts if needed
- Act as technical expert for Marketing Operations resources.
- Ensure reviews are conducted and certify that code meets quality standards.
- Lead and organize testing reviews. Track and resolve complex defects.
- Assists in planning efforts of complex functional end to end tests in support of QC.
- Define and manage process by which campaign development is performed.
- Performs root cause analysis to prevent reoccurrence of problems and manages the resolution of complex problems.
- Provides oversight of production deployments to developers, quality control and environmental managers.
- Evaluates new vendors and vended products, provides recommendations, and manages vendor relationships
- 7+ years in related experience
- 1+ year of managing people
- Advanced knowledge of Direct Marketing business processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire people
- Knowledge of campaign management and execution processes using Unica Affinium campaign, Optimize and UMO
- Ability to understand the overall campaign schedule and assess impact should any change occur
- Experience with BI delivery tools – Business Objects, Tableau and Cognos.
- Experience with data modeling, any semantic layer-type construct used by the BI tool, done report building, some familiarity with the underlying components of a BI Delivery architecture (BI application, application server layer (presentation layer)
- Knowledge of relational database theory
- Ability to construct and execute SQL queries and review data profiling results to discover trends
- Working knowledge of constrained optimization theory and practice
- Ability to configure and test Campaign Sessions and Optimize sessions
- Advanced written and verbal skills with the ability to interpret and communicate
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Visio skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
The minimum salary for this position is $76,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.