The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Provides paralegal support for specific practice area, under general attorney supervision. Drafts standard documentation, distributes for review, and obtains necessary approvals and signatures. Conducts, summarizes, and analyzes basic research. Summarizes and monitors relevant issues. Manages intake of new matters, as well as the data in case management system, and gathers matter related documents for the attorney to analyze.
• Conduct, summarize, and analyze basic research, including gathering facts, researching and analyzing applicable laws, regulations, and case laws, etc., as necessary
• Assist with the identification and summarizing of relevant issues; continually monitor issues and update attorney, as appropriate
• Review new and proposed legislation and determine applicability
• Gather matter related documents for the attorney to analyze
• Manage intake of new matters; enter new matter data and upload new documents
• Review and explain various aspects of forms to in-house clients
• Consult with outside counsel, as needed
• Oversee project management, coordination, and collaboration with Law and Regulation and business clients, as needed
• Manage data (execute, file, track, and retain) documents in matter management system
• Prepare and follow through on filings with regulatory agencies (including required follow-up issues, requests, etc.)
• Coordinate with various functions within the company to respond to regulatory inquiries, licensing requests, law department referrals, and business transactions
• Assist with management of litigation, as needed
- • Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field; American Bar Association (ABA) approved Paralegal Certificate
• Insurance-industry experience preferred
• Knowledge of legal holds and discovery processes
• Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively regarding basic matters
• Ability to work in diverse, multi-office, and long distance environments
• Basic project management skills and experience interacting with law firm/vendors
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Basic researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
• Ability to collaborate and interact with all levels of personnel and build strong relationships with business colleagues
• High degree of ethics and integrity
• Strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication and effective customer service skills
• Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
• Able to deliver results with a sense of urgency
• Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Is a proactive self-starter who is able to manage his/her time effectively and can work independently
***Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The minimum starting salary range for the position starts at $47, 400 to a maximum of $85, 000 (commensurate with experience)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.