The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities. Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We’re empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Family Summary
The Quality Assurance function is responsible for actively measuring overall claim handling focusing on our ability to execute consistently and achieve quality and operational excellence. The Quality Assurance team will serve as the backbone of the Claims measurement system – accountable for measuring effectiveness and consistency, identifying strengths and opportunities, conducting strategic analysis, and informing the development of processes. This may include collaboration with Claims Line Management and Field Leadership. By facilitating the development of appropriate quality assurance practices, it will support Allstate in achieving key business outcomes that remain in compliance with laws and regulations. You will also collaborate with key stake holders to ideate, guide and execute a more efficient, digitial and automated review strategy and process. All leaders own improving quality results via all means necessary as well as the overall quality of the program.
This opportunity is not available to residents of California.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you’ll be responsible for defining, delivering, and automating the Quality Assurance life cycle. You’ll work with senior leadership to guide strategic vision, product discovery and roadmaps to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by the Quality Assurance. You will also collaborate with key stakeholders to guide and execute an integrated communication plan to support awareness and adoption for digital capabilities as applicable.
Your main deliverable will be automating quality assurance and using data, analytics and technology to generate insights/actions that improve customer experience and employee effectiveness. This will require developing real-time digital capabilities that enable employees to deliver higher first-time right services to customers, increase their speed to productivity and support targeted coaching and job enrichment.
- Collaborate to create, drive and execute holistic digital and automation strategy for quality assurance in alignment with strategic goals and objectives
- Define and manage KPIs, leads PoCs and test-and-learns
- Guides sprints of cross-functional analytics, technology and business agile teams
- Drive priorities, definition of success and Key Performance Indicators, connecting with the technology, analytics and business operations teams constantly throughout the product life cycle
- Participate in larger strategic enterprise programs connected to quality, including establishing a point of view for quality and leading work tracks assigned to this area from the enterprise programs
- Look for, lead and develop new initiatives or innovations, providing strategic guidance on improvements; intake new work, prioritize for/with the business and incorporate into product life cycle as appropriate
- Manage data and data requests to improve the accuracy of our data and decisions made from data analysis
- Use and learn a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., SQL, Tableau, Hadoop, Oracle)
- Future-oriented : ability to envision the employee and customer experiences of the future
- Strong business acumen, understanding of quality assurance, compliance, training, workforce management and coaching needs
- Awareness of technology and analytics advancements in NLP, NLU and related data analytics concepts that directly apply to quality automation vision
- Knowledge of agile methodology
- Ability to translate vision and strategy to operational needs, driving action and feeding back learnings to enhance strategy
- Advanced ability to think strategically, properly prioritize multiple work streams to ensure the best business result(s), and to drive and own decision making
- Demonstrate an analytical mindset with critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to tell a story with data to influence decision making
- Utilize a systems-thinking mindset by demonstrating awareness and understanding of the whole and of how the parts within are interdependent
- Ability to working in ambiguity, looking for the broader picture, continuously improving, and asking questions
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Proven experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Applies highly advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork.
- Advanced ability to coach, problem solve, and motivate teams, securing alignment and driving exceptional outcomes
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of the insurance industry to include claims processes, policies, and procedures, regulatory compliance and risk management concepts/ best practices.
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to independently drive projects/key workstreams, achieving or exceeding business unit objectives
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area expertise
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making in a detail-oriented way
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma,
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Knowledge of estimating, evaluation, medical protocols, and/or various software tools (CCC, Xactimate, Salesforce, Vlocity)
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
Compensation range for this position is $92,00 – $145,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.