The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Data & Intelligent Systems is a world class organization supporting our Data Science and Analytic Research organizations at Allstate. We are solving some of today’s most complicated analytical problems though our driving mission to deliver next generation insurance solutions to our customers. We are passionate about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources. As a Labeling and Geospatial Support engineer, you will work in partnership with the Data Science team and enjoy time to innovate, learn, collaborate and teach. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. Developing ourselves and others is to our success. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent – is that you?
Allstate is looking for mid-level platform DevOps support engineer with a passion to learn new skills and who are interested in advancement. The Labeling and Geospatial support engineer works in an agile environment interacting with multiple analytic and technology teams to support the Advanced Analytics platforms critical for supporting Data Science. The candidate will have a focus on technical responsibilities to aid the data science and analytic teams to leverage internal tooling and data assets to produce business insights, gain deeper understanding and anticipation of end-user data science needs and identify and enhance tactical and strategic decision making. The engineer will be responsible to collaborate with data science and analytic users to automate, simplify and strategize approaches to develop next generation analytics platforms. This position requires a technical background with familiarity of the business aspects of Data Science and business analytics. Effective communication and team spirit are important as this individual will be interfacing with different areas including business clients, technology, architecture and infrastructure services.
- Collaborate with Data Science and Analytics groups to evaluate, implement and maintain platforms and custom tooling to support Allstate’s data acceleration program.
- Work with internal teams, end users and vendors to identify and recommend possible solutions and workarounds to technical scenarios with a focus on automation.
- Diagnose, correct and explain software and hardware issues that affect vended, internal and open source software products with a concentration on root cause elimination.
- Hands on approach to learn and use new technologies and methodologies across a wide variety of tools and languages to support and develop analytical platforms (eg Python, Java, Scala, Spark, R, SQL, C++)
- Demonstrate high degree of analytic agility to meet fluid and dynamic business needs in an agile environment working individually as well as in groups
- Discipline to produce consumable documentation as required
- Flexibility to perform additional tasks and duties outside of normal daily activities
- Demonstrate technical leadership and provide consultation outside of immediate team
- Mandatory: Unix proficiency, Scripting/Automation, Python or knowledge of other programming language, strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Optional: Ansible, Jenkins, AWS, Docker / Kubernetes
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a technical support software/application environment troubleshooting software applications.
- Must have relevant experience with LINUX/UNIX administration along with troubleshooting of issues with below ones
- Storage technologies (SAN, NAS, SSD)
- Security concepts (authorization, authentication, PII, principal of least privilege, LINUX groups, ACL’s, LDAP/AD, etc)
- Experience in automating day to day task with any scripting language
- Experience/Knowledge in Python and/or similar third-generation programming language
- Experience with Docker (or other container technology/orchestration: Kubernetes, Mesosphere, etc.)
- Experience/Knowledge with CI/CD and SDLC concepts and tooling (Jenkins, Maven, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement and demeanor in dealing with user’s technical issues
- Strong background in customer service and support
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audience
- Must be able to translate concepts and directions into practical solutions
- Experience and understanding of large scale multi-tier environments including design, capacity planning, cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring
- Interest to know more on statistical and probabilistic concepts (any experience or training or certification with more advanced concepts such as regression, linear algebra and exploratory data analysis a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Flexible to work between UK/US shift.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.