The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
- Ability to drive operational efficiency through data driven decision making, automation, and standardization.
- Experience working in a shift schedule with a follow the sun model, working as part of a global team.
- Experience working in an agile environment to help develop Infrastructure as code using a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Previous experience managing a team(s) of Network and System Engineers.
- ITIL Foundation level qualification / knowledge
The role of the Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager is to lead a team focused on flawless execution of critical infrastructure incident management. The Manager is responsible to ensure day to day operational commitments are executed on time and with a high degree of quality, be a point of escalation for critical incidents with customer impact, identify and drive operational efficiencies through automation and best practices, build and manage a highly engaged global workforce and provide strategic direction for the NOC. This role is part of a larger organization, Production Operations, whose focus is on maintaining and improving system availability for Allstate.
The manager of the NOC will be accountable for leading in the repair, automation, and preventative actions to provide support to Allstate’s Infrastructure.
• Capable of providing employees with immediate feedback, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance through creating/documenting Business goals, ensuring the employees document their development goals.
• Experience working in a Growth culture, where employees feel safe, are continuously learning, can practice what they learn, and feedback goes up, down, and across the organization.
• Manage a team of diverse skilled engineers in Incident, Change, and Problem management, helping to maximize Availability across the Allstate Enterprise.
• Ensure incidents are worked in a timely manner and with quality and what can’t be fixed is turned over to the next shift.
• The NOC manager will be a point of escalation for NOC teams and will be expected to be an active participant leading major incident calls.
• Experience working with vendors and or other departments, to ensure root cause and preventative actions are addressed in a timely manner through monthly vendor meetings where current SLA’s are reviewed.
• Lead the team in documenting standard operating procedures, creating lesson learned documentation, which can be presented by employees to employees for knowledge sharing.
• Work to continuously improve NOC monitoring and alerting.
• Lead, Monitor, and operate the support surrounding a Disaster Recovery tests.
• Participate in weekend leadership on call rotation for impacting incidents and escalations
• Be able to develop a strategy for the NOC organization, either through your own research, articles or comparison/collaboration with other companies utilizing a NOC
• Collaborate with your peer engineering teams monthly and foster the collaboration of our employees internally and with their engineering peers.
• Maintain and update Business Continuity Plan for the NOC.
• Ensure employees adhere to HR Policy
- 3+ years working as an Engineer performing design, planning, documenting, and support technology. With experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Cisco Networks, Red hat, Avaya, Windows, NetApp, Rubrik, Palo Alto, F5, and Infoblox
- Github, Linux, PowerShell, Python, Ansible
- Monitoring tools: Splunk, Netcool, SCOM
- 3+ years people or technical leadership or equivalent experience leading a team OR working in a team oriented collaborative environment.
- Ability to work within the departments shift schedule. If the schedule should change you will be provided notice.
- Compensation range for this position is $100,00 to $155,000 per year, based on qualifications and experience.
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Learn more about Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.