The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Associate Manager, Social Experience is a key resource within Allstate’s Social Media Center of Excellence (COE). This role is on the Social Experience Team, which is tasked with creating social experiences on social media for Allstate and The Allstate Foundation that drive both brand reputation and the business.
Allstate believes everyone deserves to live a life well-protected. The Associate Manager, Social Experience will use the power of social media to drive audience activation and cause adoption around key issues Allstate supports including domestic violence, equity, youth empowerment, community involvement and non-profit leadership. This role will lead the social media strategy and execution for all content focused on Allstate’s social impact practices shared through Allstate and The Allstate Foundation social handles.
The Associate Manager, Social Experience is responsible for the distribution, storytelling and measurement strategy for this content area. As the “showrunner”- the role is responsible for bringing creative ideas to life in partnership with our Creative and Production Teams. Responsibilities include assignment and creative brief writing, project management, paid media planning (in partnership with Media Team), communication with internal and external partners and overseeing the production and launch of final social creative. This person works tirelessly in service of great ideas.
As a person, the Associate Manager, Social Experience is passionate about growing purpose-driven brands with social media. They are a social media expert with a desire to unlock a more equitable future for all.
- Develop social campaigns focused on Allstate’s social impact practices that encourages audience activation and cause adoption.
- Collaborate on integrated campaigns to develop social extensions specific to the behaviors and best practices for each platform.
- Writes inspiring, data-driven briefs for our Creative Center of Excellence. Reviews creative work and provides feedback to ensure content is both “on brand” and compliant with all legal and risk guidelines.
- Leads The Allstate Foundation’s and co-leads Allstate’s social content calendar planning in partnership with other Corporate Brand partners.
- Own project management/project schedule.
- Develop campaign budgets + request funding.
- Partners with the Social Experience Consultant to get content published according to calendar. Partners with engagement team to monitor inbound risks and opportunities for The Allstate Foundation.
- Creates and maintains a “Social Playbook” document which guides The Allstate Foundation’s entire social program (strategy, execution and measurement) and platform strategy.
- Collaborates with Thought Leadership, Brand Editorial and Storytelling teams to refine narratives, calendar and execute specific projects.
- Partners with media team to execute and report on paid social campaigns. Partners with Digital Insights Lead to report on owned and earned campaigns.
- Oversees 1 direct report responsible for content publishing and cultural engagement.
- Helps grow direct reports + junior level talent to next level.
- 5+ years advertising/marketing experience with at least 2-3 years agency experience.
- Experience with social media campaign creation + execution (owned and earned).
- Thrives at building relationships with “creatives”.
- Sees the big picture and has the vision and leadership to drive big ideas.
- Resourceful problem solver who likes to get stuff done.
- Comfortable in managing constantly evolving platform landscape while providing clear POV’s and willingness to align / educate / compromise with internal partners.
- Demonstrated content strategy and strategic planning experience.
- Deep understanding of social media campaigns including creative best practices and reporting.
- Ability to provide strategic feedback to creative teams and report on content performance.
- Preference for experience with social impact type campaigns.
The minimum salary for this position is $76,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.