Avail is a car sharing service to help people get where they want to go–whether that’s to run errands, take an unforgettable road trip, or explore a new city–while helping locals earn cash from their unused cars. We are passionate about making shared transportation safe, simple, and affordable, and redefining what it means to own a car.
We’ve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, you’ll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where you’ve been, we’re always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.
The Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for influencing business strategy through data and analytics. The position is also responsible for anticipating change and proactively introducing and leading innovative data and analytics solutions. In particular, they will be a key leader on our Go-to-market and Marketplace Operations team, driving forward data-driven decisions that govern our marketplace dynamics. This team owns both the underlying analytics as well as the decision making on core marketplace questions like price and supply dynamics, making this an exciting opportunity to see projects from the analytical phase straight through to the implementation of your work
- Drive pricing, promotional, and owner payout analytics (among other topics) to directly inform company strategy
- Partner closely with our Data Engineering team on the design and implementation of marketplace governing models that inform pricing, supply availability, and risk assessment of our customer base
- Communicate business insights derived from data and analytics to those without technical skills
- Lead projects from scoping straight through to execution and implementation of innovative data and analytics solutions to support business unit objectives
- Provide data and analytics expertise to support and collaborate across functional units
- Anticipate challenges to the business that can be addressed with data and analytics and develop proactive solutions
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, Finance, Business, Economics, IT or related field, or equivalent experience
• 7 years of data and analytics experience
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience in different programming languages, including SQL and Excel (required), R experience a plus
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; in particular, able to synthesize and communicate complex analytical work to a broad audience
• Bonus: Experience with pricing and marketplaces are a big plus
Compensation range for this position is $91,800 -$159,300 per year, based on experience and qualifications. Other compensation includes a yearly targeted bonus.
That’s the day to day, here’s the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But you’ll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isn’t a perfect match.
Learn more about life at Avail. Connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.