The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
We are seeking someone with creativity, enthusiasm, a great attitude and who wants to invest and learn the different aspects of our businesses. We apply a risk-based approach to audit projects that are strategic and operational in nature. The candidate will oversee the development of audit planning, audit programs and have full accountability for the lifecycle of a portfolio of audits and department strategies.
Our audits cover all aspects of the business, including a variety of disciplines such as distribution, customer service, product operations, claims, investments, compliance, human resources, technology, and finance. Additionally, we collaborate with risk management functions, external audit and outside firms providing specialized expertise to conduct work on behalf of Allstate. This provides an opportunity to gain experience and learn the various areas of Allstate.
Senior Managers have the responsibility of planning and maintaining the audit plan for their assigned organizational area, conduct risk based limited reviews, audits and consulting engagements, hire, develop and retain a competent audit team, actively contribute to Allstate and Internal Audit strategic initiatives, and participate as an engaged member of the Internal Audit core leadership team. Senior Managers also play a key role in developing the leaders of tomorrow with each audit engagement by coaching and delegating to ensure the project follows department guidelines and professional standards.
- Develop and deliver the audit plan for the assigned client area, consisting of risk-based audits of key business processes associated with strategic objectives.
- Participate in discussions with senior management to inform quarterly risk assessments. Perform the necessary quarterly risk assessment process for the assigned client area.
- Establish credibility with and earn the trust of the business unit management team, to whom this person will have high visibility.
- Evaluate risk exposures and the adequacy and effectiveness of controls relating to the organization’s governance, operations, and information systems.
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations
- Ensure that internal audit resources are appropriate, and effectively deployed to achieve the approved plan, while maintaining quality and focusing on staff development.
- Actively contribute and/or lead Internal Audit strategic initiatives and participate as an engaged member of the Internal Audit core leadership team.
- Effectively develop and mentor a team to build broad and deep bench strength in the skills needed to audit the assigned area.
- Perform performance management processes according to company standards for all direct reports.
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years business, audit or risk management leadership experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility; insurance, service, or technology firm experience a plus
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement and adapt to a range of situations
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills around complex business issues
- Advanced understanding and application of data analytics
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiatives
- Strong appreciation for the importance of an effective digital customer experience within a service organization
- Ability to effectively influence individuals to action at various levels of internal and external organizations
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals
- Create an environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character
- Pursue lifelong learning and personal development
- Proven people management experience
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity to learn more about Allstate’s business operations
- Excellent leadership, project, and time management skills
- Opportunity for occasional travel is available for those who are interested
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts with relevant experience or strong business knowledge and experience
- CPA, CIA or CISA or must be acquired within 18 months of joining the team
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, IT, or data required, Master’s degree a plus
Compensation range for this position is $140,000 – $160,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications. This position is also eligible for an annual bonus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.