The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Incident Response Senior Expert will lead the team responsible for managing and executing Allstate’s centralized privacy incident investigation and remediation process as well as the legal team that researches and advises on the applicable legal requirements. This role requires advanced business acumen and a deep understanding of the legal requirements, business objectives and technologies supporting the processes. The individual in this role will need to identify issues and recommend business-focused advice and direction to a broad range of businesses on remediation activities to reach a balanced resolution consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. This role will also be responsible for compiling and reporting on monthly and quarterly metrics to identify key trends and opportunities to Executive Leadership. As a leader, the individual in this role will also provide direction and guidance to the team and other stakeholders, leveraging the knowledge and skills of managers and teams of professionals, and offering coaching and performance feedback.
• Coordinate investigations across the enterprise and ensure proper stakeholder involvement
• Lead the privacy issues and incident team members to execute an efficient and effective process
• Deep understanding of key regulatory requirements and risks and develop innovative solutions to mitigate risk while achieving business objectives consistent with applicable laws and regulations
• Adapt and enhance current processes to account for changes in external and internal environment
• Assess complex changes in company processes, standards, and technology to ensure the effectiveness of risk mitigation strategies
• Provide creative problem solving in a dynamic business environment
• Conduct complex research and determine applicable and pertinent laws, statutes, regulations, rules, and other legal authority
• Conduct risk analyses on key issues, looking at issues from a holistic perspective, recognizing overall impact to the enterprise; make strategic recommendations based on risk analyses
• Supervise employees, contractors, and consultants
• Manage outside counsel, budgets and financial plans
• Understand interaction in regulated environments between business, policy, compliance, legislative and legal frameworks
• Work with the key partners in data governance, enterprise risk management, human resources, information security, law and regulation and business areas
• Work cross-functionally with areas of responsibility across Allstate to build consensus and drive adoption of security mindset and to manage large-scale technology- and security-driven projects
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years related experience typical
- Experience operating within parent company and its family of companies
- Experience in the following areas: privacy, cybersecurity, technology, international, intellectual property, M&A, strategy, commercial, data, and/or highly regulated sectors
- Juris Doctorate, IAPP Certificate, a plus
- Leadership skills, including team building and collaboration
- Executive presence and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Budget management skills
- Project management skills
- Computer skills, including MS Office suite, used in or related to the tasks performed
- Analytical skills
- Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Business acumen with ability to quantify return on investments (create and contribute to business cases and risk evaluations)
Compensation range for this position is $112,800 to $180,000 per year, commensurate with experience and qualifications
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.