Avail is a car sharing service to help people get where they want to go–whether that’s to run errands, take an unforgettable road trip, or explore a new city–while helping locals earn cash from their unused cars. We are passionate about making shared transportation safe, simple, and affordable, and redefining what it means to own a car.
We’ve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, you’ll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where you’ve been, we’re always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.
The Web Marketing Manager leads our website growth strategy through creative thinking, compelling data-driven insights, and rapid execution. This position will be responsible for designing and implementing results-driven conversion rate optimization and testing programs, as well as proactively working to adhere to brand and accessibility guidelines and mitigate user errors.
The Web Marketing Manager plays a key role in working with other functional areas to provide users with a best-in-class website experience in a dynamically changing web environment.
- Lead cross-functional partners across creative, research, product, and engineering to develop conversion and testing roadmap
- Generate learnings through A/B and multivariate experiments to understand audience segmentation, user behavior, website analytics, and customer journey
- Manage development of new webpages and changes to website infrastructure and design
- Ensure web content is up to date and in line with SEO, brand standards, ADA compliance guidelines, and mobile responsiveness
- Develop presentations, program overviews, recaps, and other materials for internal meetings and presentations; present work internally to marketing leadership and other business partners
- Work with marketing leadership and business teams to define the objectives that will drive the most meaningful impact and resources needed to execute them
- Integrate across marketing teams and other departments, building relationships with internal and external business partners and resources
Education and Experience
- 5 or more years of related experience in website management and conversion rate optimization to strategize, implement and launch effective and accurate A/B tests
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Demonstrated ability to execute with urgency and focus; someone who values ownership of outcomes.
- Strong collaborative skills (leads and collaborates across boundaries to implement decisions and / or initiatives in an integrated manner)
- Adept at leading sprint planning to build roadmaps, prioritize projects, assign resources, track progress & resolve issues as they arise
- Excellent prioritization and project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities.
- Prior experience working with Design & Engineering teams to take new pages from concept to deployment with quality, speed, & accuracy
- Basic understanding of web tech infrastructure principles including DNS routing & web hosting
- Commitment to quality, attention to detail, great communication skills and highly self-motivated
- Embody the Avail team’s 5 core values: Transparency, Collaboration, Bias for Action, Customer-Obsession, and Integrity
- Previous experience working within Visual Website Optimizer, Figma, Webflow, and Asana is a plus but not required
Compensation range for this position is $75,900 -$138,300 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
That’s the day to day, here’s the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But you’ll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isn’t a perfect match.
Learn more about life at Avail. Connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.