The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Data, Discovery, and Decision Science (D3) is the research and analytics organization at Allstate. In D3, you’ll be surrounded by 330+ tenacious and intellectually curious colleagues in an inclusive culture that encourages you to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good. We are solving some of today’s most complicated analytics problems, making the lives of our Allstate colleagues easier and more productive, and driving our mission to deliver targeted insurance solutions to our customers. We are partnering to incorporate analytics into every aspect of the enterprise. We are avid about learning new ways to get the most value from our massive data resources and leading-edge technology. Developing ourselves and others is key to our success.
As a Data & Analytic Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of operational service products and portfolio. You’ll guide strategic product vision, product discovery and roadmaps to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. You’ll also collaborate with key stakeholders to maintain and execute an integrated communication plan to support awareness and adoption for their product, as applicable. Partnering to ensure enterprise connections to strategies affecting and/or helping guide enterprise strategy based on scale and scope of work performed will be important to your success.
- Guide, drive and execute holistic product strategy for assigned product(s) in alignment with strategic goals and objectives
- Guide and manage KPIs to measure the success and to drive transparency into business outcomes and progress related to the overall product strategy
- Drive priorities, definition of success and Key Performance Indicators, connecting with the business constantly throughout the product life cycle
- Participate in larger strategic enterprise programs connected to assigned product, including establishing a point of view for product(s) and leading work tracks assigned to this area from the enterprise programs
- Act as first line of contact for AORs, supporting the strategic tone for product with other involved AORs, guiding a roadmap and future state vision
- Initiate and respond to business opportunities as needed
- Look for, lead and develop new initiatives or innovations, providing strategic guidance on improvements; intake new work, prioritize for/with the business and incorporate into product life cycle as appropriate
- Collaborate with other Product Owners to ensure programs and processes across the entire system are aligned and prioritized
- Adhere to budgets and operational effectiveness; guide strategies for adjusted courses of action
- Lead, coach and manage a team with broad skill sets including Project Management, business analytics and performance, and customer experience
Education and Experience
- 7 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- SAFe Agilest, SAFe PO/PM, 3Back, or formal Agile certification training desired
- Existing knowledge, expertise and capability aligned to specific product to which aligned
- Basic understanding of product development concepts.
- Ability to build and establish relationships necessary to influence future delivery and roadmaps, and to communicate complex and innovative concepts to stakeholders to influence decision making and buy-in
- Ability to think strategically, properly prioritize multiple work streams to ensure the best business result(s), and to drive and own decision making
- Demonstrate an analytical mindset with critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to tell a story with data to influence decision making
- Utilize a systems-thinking mindset by demonstrating awareness and understanding of the whole and of how the parts within are interdependent
- Ability to working in ambiguity, looking for the broader picture, continuously improving, and asking questions
- Demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, innovation, risk taking, resilience, and ability to learn from experiences and setbacks
- Ability to initiate a culture of customer experience by gaining alignment from leadership down to frontline employees on the customer first transformation mindset
The compensation range for this position is $91,800 and $140,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.