The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities. Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We’re empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Claims Field Leadership Operations Manager is responsible for the operation, strategy, profitability, and growth of Shared Services (over 3,000 employees) as well as the coordination of functions, and the development or implementation of policies. This Operational Leadership Function is reserved for individuals who develop claims strategy, administer quality management initiatives, and administer change management initiatives.
This is an individual contributor Senior Leadership role and does not have any direct reports. It is responsible for supporting the operations and claim activities of Claims Shared Services, covering 1st notice of loss, express claims, subrogation, salvage, workflow, and voice and telephony design. Prior experience in at least one of these areas is important, exposure to all areas is not a must.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the entire Shared Service business unit and is at the front end of significant transition activity that will require exceptional coordination efforts to ensure no impact to productivity as these transitions take place. Acting as the overall facilitator in completing objectives and moving initiatives forward. This role will help create a lot of the content shared among the entire team that relates to the direction we are going and why. A key accountability to work with the Auto Line, Property Line and Casualty line leaders to understand how we will influence and be influenced by upcoming changes.
The Claims Operations Leader interacts with and influences peer Delivery Service Managers across lines as well as Home Office Design and Quality Assurance counterparts toward achieving optimal business outcomes throughout Shared Services.
- Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs, serves the customer with empathy and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages and resolves escalated customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; develops and directs business unit action plans
- Influences peer line leaders toward achieving LOB customer experience outcomes
- AOR level trend analysis and opportunity identification across lines of business
- Drives improvement by performing as a business partner to coordinate activities, identifying and helping to eliminate barriers to help the LOB achieve business results
- Collaborates with Home Office, Delivery Service Managers (DSMs), and other cross-functional AORs to identify business issues, analyze financial and operational results, and create continuous improvement in financial, quality, and expense management
- Assists with and oversees performance management, compensation planning, education strategy, and deployment plans for CSA employees
- Creates and distributes AOR level communications to create consistent and timely delivery of needed information at all levels and lines across the business unit
- Responsible for AOR level CAT/event coordination to ensure AOR response is proper interacts with CAT team resources as appropriate
This job does not have supervisory duties.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Depth of experience in at least one of the Claims Shared Service functions: Subrogation, Salvage, 1st notice of loss, Express, Workflow, Voice and/or Telephony.
- Experience in multiple areas is a plus
- Ability to influence and lead the organization without a team of direct reports
- Advanced change enablement and change management expertise
- Business Transformation strategy experience
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies highly advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies highly advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
Compensation range for this position is $135,000 – $180,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications. Position is also eligible for an annual bonus, in addition to base salary compensation range.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.