The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities. Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We’re empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for leading ‘day to day’, ‘sprint to sprint’, ‘release to release’, ‘Product to Product’, ‘Portfolio’ and ‘Strategy’ level activities related to our Employee Listening program. The Product Manager must understand the product/service vision by managing and prioritizing the product backlog. The product Manager has the ability to manage and mentor junior Product Managers.
• Structures strategic conversations, drives Business Area Strategy, is the Go/to Expert for Product and Business Area
• Writes thought leadership emails, communicates clearly in group meetings, writes and gives presentations to enterprise
• Leads and facilitates business area processes, proactively solves potential problems with other product teams, effectively influences the priorities of other squads/functions
• Uses basic story writing, bugs, roadmap management tools, uses basic analytics, constructs prototypes successfully
• Describe value add (KPIs)
• Can shift PO capabilities between products
• Writes specs/stories for major products with little-no errors, delivers major products with little-no bugs on time, achieves successful product delivery outcomes consistently
• Leads in-person or remote interviews without bias to collect use cases, uses remote usability resting successfully
• Generates high value from User Science tools that strongly influences product direction, able to empathize successfully with different user types to reach successful product conclusions
• Ability to manage and mentor associate PM’s, manage more associate PMs successfully
This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 5 or more years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• SAFe Agilest, SAFe PO/PM, 3Back, or formal Agile certification training desired
• Demonstrated ability leading teams (agile teams preferred)
• Basic understanding of product development concepts
• Ability to create and facilitate formal presentations and demos to stakeholders
• Demonstrated clear, concise and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others across multiple office locations and develop strong stakeholder relationships
• Demonstrated ability to think critically and make sound business decisions
The hiring salary for this role is $85,000 – 120,000. Offers are commensurate with experience.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.