Avail is a car sharing service to help people get where they want to go–whether that’s to run errands, take an unforgettable road trip, or explore a new city–while helping locals earn cash from their unused cars. We are passionate about making shared transportation safe, simple, and affordable, and redefining what it means to own a car.
We’ve assembled some of the sharpest folks from across industries to compete against the antiquated system of traditional car rental. We put ideas into action and learn along the way in an open, collaborative work environment. As a part of Avail, you’ll make a direct impact and help build a business from the ground up. No matter where you’ve been, we’re always looking for fresh thinking and new perspectives.
Job Code: 71000502
The Associate Field Operations Manager will lead the second shift at their assigned field operations site. The AFOM is a key face to the customer, while overseeing operational processes and providing vision and direction to meet strategic goals and exceed customer and provider expectations.
The Associate Field Operations Manager demonstrates basic knowledge for managing all facets of assigned team. Manages critical performance indicators and provides guidance and coaching to reach company targets. Observes day to day interactions between front line employees/customers and develops specific coaching plans to help frontline employees exceed goals. Manages multiple goals, objectives, programs, policies, and procedures in a business area gained through experience and training.
- Reporting to the Field Operations Manager, the Associate Field Operations Manager leads front-line employees by providing appropriate direction, coordinating unit activities, monitoring employee/unit performance, formulating and implementing action plans, recommending work procedures, and directing workflow.
- Serve as the on-site team leader during specified shifts during the week, as well as other shifts as needed.
- Participate in the Associate FOM management team, regularly sharing observations and ideas and contributing to the evolution of business strategy and practices
- Identifies development needs and recommends learning opportunities through education and job assignments.
- Build/Create/Maintain working relationships/partnerships with peers, operational, support and various departments.
- Makes recommendations for new and more efficient ways to achieve/surpass departmental goals. Helps identify areas for process improvements and cost saving opportunities
- Continuously builds skills and knowledge by receiving coaching and feedback and participate in ongoing training.
- Develop business acumen for your specific Area of Responsibility
- An Associate Field Operations Manager will typically have supervisory responsibilities over 6 to 10, and is accountable for the results of his/her individual performance and the performance of his/her team.
This job does have supervisory duties.
- Intermediate negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Must have Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards
- Willingness and ability to perform physical duties on the lot, including lifting up to 40 pounds, cleaning and inspecting cars, etc. on a regular basis.
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Oversee and address complex customer inquiries
- Build strong relationships with peers
- Ability to demonstrate Allstate skills of the future
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
The compensation offered for this role ranges from $56,000.00 to $70,000.00 based on the candidate’s experience.
Compensation offered for this role is and is based on experience and qualifications.
That’s the day to day, here’s the bigger picture.
Avail was founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2018. But you’ll be working for (and at) Avail. Our work environment blends the ingenuity and flexibility of a startup with the scale and strengths of a Fortune 100 company. Perks include a generous PTO policy, flexible working options, and a focus on leadership, wellness, and culture. We also offer 401k, health insurance, and other employment benefits for your future.
See a job you love? We encourage you to apply, even if your experience isn’t a perfect match.
Learn more about life at Avail. Connect with us on Instagram and LinkedIn.
We generally do not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.