The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Claims innovation team is responsible for the design and delivery of simple business processing, digital capabilities and business model innovation that enable claim service model transformation supporting digital business operations. Major functions within the role include strategy, design and delivery of digital capabilities, integrations with external partners, business process and engineering of simple and sustainable claim service experience solutions and digital operating model. Partnering closely with Claim Technology Services/Allstate Technology to assure best in class business capabilities that differentiate performance in the marketplace. The role resides within the claim business unit and with a mission to transform the existing claim business model to one that is digital first and effortless for consumers in the personal lines and commercial insurance marketplaces. The team is organized around business product and services structure where processes solutions and innovative products are designed and delivered using agile methodology in close partnership with technology, data science and business experts.
This job is responsible for the digital business strategy, design and delivery of business processes, digital capabilities and operating model innovations to fully enable the claim digital transformation platform. They will design, deliver, and integrate business processes with new and existing technology capabilities. The individual will develop architecture connecting business processes, functional data flow, and claim system applications. They will optimize the development and re-use of capabilities across systems and experiences while adhering to design principles, budgets, consumer, agency owner, and employee user experience. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual’s own responsibilities, and manages the individual’s own workload. The individual consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
Hybrid Role – Chicago, IL
This position is a hybrid role, meaning your schedule may consist of time in an office setting in Chicago, IL and time working remotely from your home. The hybrid model is intended to provide greater flexibility – and will mean something different to each team, job and employee. Office presence is driven by the nature of the work and team needs. You’ll work from home for the remainder of the time you’re not in the office. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.
Product Ownership / Business Architecture
- Manages and engineers the design, build, and maintenance/enhancements of simple business processes and complex digital capabilities supporting the claim business model and insurance consumers
- Works with other Business and Technical Engineers along with business subject mater experts to ensure integration between processes and capabilities across system ecosystems
- Develops and maintains architectural governance and controls over design and implementation
- Partners and collaborates across areas of responsibilities, Allstate Technology Architecture and external vendors/partner to implement initiatives; influence others as needed to support team goals and initiatives
- Aids in informing the digital transformation roadmap development
- Operates at the capability-level, in support of broader platforms
- Develops functional data flow to ensure the efficacy of new capabilities
- Proactively engages with field stakeholder groups to collect insights and feedback to inform program design; accountable for prioritizing improvements and incorporating enhancements into program deliverables within the roadmap
- Owns the development and maintenance of program deliverables (e.g. process flows, presentations, reports, project updates)
- Collects and analyzes data and insights; leverage results to develop recommendations for improvement
- Informs budget and forecast for digital transformation and share economy portfolio
- Performs process development, improvement, rollout, and integration activities
- Responsible for optimizing process oversight with process agility
- Defines measures to ensure process compliance/adherence
- Influences business process design
- Designs, builds, and delivers business processes and technical capability solutions based upon design principles
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves highly complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Applies advanced skills related to business architecture
- Applies advanced skills related to process design, improvement, and integration
- Applies advanced functional integration skills in order to incorporate new capabilities and processes with existing Claims activities
- Ability to influence business process design and strategic direction
Compensation offered for this role is $80,500 – $136,300 and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.