The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Software Engineer Senior Consultant II implements applications following 12-factor principles to build out the product and iterative enhancements. They own the full stack of software products, developing and implementing frontends (web or mobile), and backend services. They leverage test driven development and continuous integration to ensure agility and quality of products. They actively participate in the decision-making process of the team ensuring that the simplest appropriate technology and design is chosen to meet user needs.
• Participates in iteration planning meetings ensuring that the team has a common understanding of each story and chores in a team’s backlog
• Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
• Participates in retrospectives to gather feedback and derive actionable items to improve the team and the product
• Participates in executing the strategy, keeping the customer needs and wants in mind
• Serves as an expert on a specific business domain and demonstrates leadership and accountability on at least one technology stack
• Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
• Practices daily paired programming and test-driven development in writing software and building product
• Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
• Provides support for software products in user environments
• Coaches more junior team members around different technologies and XP practices
- Strong understanding of computer science concepts, object-oriented design principles
- Basic understanding of distributed systems, operating systems, networking, databases, security, and analytics
- Experience developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages, including but not limited to Java and Python.
- Experience in developing using Spring Boot framework.
- Experience in backend development design and implementation; experience in database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging (Kafka or otherwise) and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Actual experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps
- Knowledge and experience on approaches and tools for automated testing and monitoring
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like junit, mockito, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies
Education and Experience:
• 3 or more years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
This job does not have supervisory duties.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $67,300.00-$113,875.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.