The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Sales Compensation Lead Consultant is responsible for leading core compensation initiatives to internal clients by applying professional judgement, knowledge, and experience. The Sales Compensation Lead Consultant will focus on analysis and strategy work, such as developing large reaching projects and assisting with department compensation strategies. This position leads the consulting of large departments, as well as helps with overall change management efforts. The individual will work with team members and work closely with leaders to implement, manage, and develop innovative solutions that support business unit strategy and design by applying thought leadership and their subject matter expertise.
- Leads compensation functions such as job evaluation, benchmarking, and competitive analysis
- Provides influence with large and complex client groups to institutionalize compensation philosophies and provide ongoing consultation
- Develops compensation structures and sales incentive plans that are cost effective, competitive, and assists in attracting, retaining, and motivating quality sales employees
- Develops the analyses of quantitative and qualitative analysis from trend data to draw conclusions to support drive business results
- Leads compensation design and options related to broad-based, sales, specialty, and/or international compensation
- Directs the analyses and reporting of compensation trends and makes recommendations on compensation practices
- Manages the development and implementation of key technology initiatives and enhancements
- Provides assistance and guidance in the development of junior members of the team
- Stays current on external market trends and economic data that affects compensation practices
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related experience
- 2 or more years of sales compensation experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced project management skills
- Advanced knowledge in compensation
- Advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Ability to establish, manage, and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to use creative thinking and problem-solving skills
Compensation offered for this role is $80,500 – $142,000 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.