The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 90 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
UX at Allstate
We’re a large and well-respected digital design organization of 115+ passionate UX Designers, Content Designers, Researchers, Visual Designers, and Design Program Managers led by our VP UX. And we’ll be growing by 40% in 2022. We’re hiring to evolve UX across dozens of digital products and services and Allstate brands, and to establish a shared design platform: an expanded design system, reusable content, user research and design thinking.
Here’s what you can expect from a UX career at Allstate:
- Participate in a collaborative, fun and friendly remote team environment that values diversity, builds and trains individuals, and supports long-term career and skills growth.
- Contribute to large-scale digital systems and products that are used by millions of customers and have a meaningful impact on our business.
- Join a proven UX organization that is benefitting from high growth, demand, visibility, and investment.
- Practice true user-centered design, supported by robust research and analytics capabilities.
At Allstate, you’ll help innovate and reinvent insurance and improve customers’ lives by designing products to support them in their moments of greatest need, and you’ll have fun along the way. Join our diverse team of creative problem solvers using our talents for good — at work and in life.
The UX Design Manager is responsible for leading a UX design team and applying user-centered design methods to frame and deliver experiences. This person will serve as the steward for the end-user by championing lean UX practices in a fast-paced agile environment. The UX Design Manager will collaborate with key stakeholders, UX team members, UX leadership, product managers, developers, and end-users to define, design, ship and iterate products.
All applicants should provide work samples, with proper consideration of copyright restrictions. The applicant should be able to speak to their design philosophy and be aware of design trends. Applicants who cannot provide work samples will not be considered.
- Lead one or more multi-disciplinary team aligned to a work stream or product, including defining the direction, quality, and outcome from a UX perspective.
- Model how to use human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, visualize concepts, and lead a team.
- Partner with product managers and technology leads to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities in an agile development environment.
- Manage, coach and mentor UX designers on lean research and design practices.
- Ability to manage expectations with senior leaders and project stakeholders to help shape, define and manage ongoing communication throughout the project lifecycle.
- Lead the team to design and envision future experiences iteratively in a dynamic environment by being mindful of how the experience needs to evolve over time.
- Guide the team to create just enough documentation to communicate designs and research results to stakeholders beyond the immediate team of developers and product managers. Able to stay away from overproduced deliverables and support collaborative in-person decisions.
- Able to create rapid iterations of design prototypes and validate them for usefulness and usability with users.
- Model what it looks like to be a continuous learner. Grow and share your depth of knowledge and apply it to develop your team and evolve how design happens at Allstate.
- Enable and adhere to a measurement strategy with metrics that matter; ensure qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used appropriately to inform decisions for the products in purview.
- Seven or more years as a UX practitioner in highly collaborative environments and at least 3 years of management experience.
- Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies.
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one, ideally two, UX disciplines such as: Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Visual Design, Content Strategy, UX Research, or Product Design
- Expert-level understanding of the user-centred design process and methods.
- Strong knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Information Sciences, Psychology, Human Factors, and/or Computer Science
- Expertise using industry design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe, Axure, InVision, etc.
- Experience designing in insurance, financial, or highly regulated verticals is a plus.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $137,000 – $155,000 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.