The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities. Plus, Allstate is chancing how, when and where we work to lead us boldly into our future. We’re emplowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and callaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 90 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
UX at Allstate
We’re a large and well-respected digital design organization of 115+ passionate UX Designers, Content Designers, Researchers, Visual Designers, and Design Program Managers, led by our VP UX. And we’ll be growing by 40% in 2022. We’re hiring to evolve UX across dozens of digital products and services and Allstate brands, and to establish a shared design platform: an expanded design system, reusable content, user research and design thinking.
Here’s what you can expect from a UX career at Allstate:
- Participate in a collaborative, fun and friendly remote team environment that values diversity, builds and trains individuals, and supports long-term career and skills growth.
- Contribute to large-scale digital systems and products that are used by millions of customers and have a meaningful impact on our business.
- Join a proven UX organization that is benefitting from high growth, demand, visibility and investment.
- Practice true user-centered design, supported by robust research and analytics capabilities.
At Allstate, you’ll help innovate and reinvent insurance and improve customers’ lives by designing products to support them in their moments of greatest need, and you’ll have fun along the way. Join our diverse team of creative problem solvers using our talents for good — at work and in life.
A Sr. UX Research Insights & Data Analyst provides insights that drive experience strategy and product roadmaps at Allstate. You will leverage data to improve the agent and customer experience, translating numbers into words that resonate with business leaders. You will collaborate with UX, product, and business partners, working within fast-paced lean or agile environments, and help teammates make decisions based on data and user insights.
You will also have the opportunity to learn qualitative UX research methodologies, including interviews, diary studies, heuristic reviews, and usability testing (if needed). You will continuously learn new skills and capabilities by monitoring consumer trends, attending workshops, and participating in design thinking training.
As a Sr. UX Research Insights & Data Analyst on the UX Research & Innovation (UXR&I) team, you’ll leverage your expertise in quantitative research and data collection and manipulation as well as analyses of advanced data to support design efforts across multiple business units and points of customer interaction. You will gather, analyze, and share data to tackle challenges in partnership with interdisciplinary teams of designers, product managers, engineers, and more. You’ll collaborate with teammates to use human-centered design thinking methods to tackle challenging business and customer problems.
A Sr. UXR&I Data Analyst is passionate about understanding users and ensuring data translates into timely and impactful decisions. You are curious, collaborative, and excited to work in a fast-paced lean agile environment, supporting Allstate’s business objectives while helping teammates make decisions based on data and insights.
If selected for an interview, applicants will be asked to provide a brief case study on how they used data to better understand or solve a problem.
- Work closely with experience, product, and business partners to align on UX metrics, identify gaps, and establish processes for gathering the required data from consumers and agents as well as internal research partners.
- Manage the collection, analysis, and reporting of large data sets from multiple sources across the organization (e.g., intercept surveys, usage data, customer service feedback, call logs, etc.).
- Leverage other quantitative research methods (e.g., benchmarking, surveys, A-B tests/multivariate experiments, etc.) to fill in the gaps.
- Query large data sets to find usable information and use statistical modeling and analysis to identify trends and investigate issues (e.g., ANOVA, regression, t-test, OLS).
- Leverage hard data to tell compelling stories in a clear, concise, and actionable manner, aligning teams on the most important problems to solve and providing a forum to turn insights into action.
- Design and deliver reports, dashboards, and visualizations that effectively summarize key insights.
- Apply quantitative insights to enhance research artifacts (e.g., user personas, journey maps, etc.).
- Create and implement new processes and ensure they are followed by the entire UX team.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to advance the use of quantitative insights in decision making and prioritization.
- Advocate for our users and help others do the same by bringing them into the analysis process.
- Mentor qualitative UX researchers and serve as an SME and resource.
Education and Experience:
- Five or more years of experience in data analysis or related field, including proficiency with analytical software or equivalent related education.
- Demonstrated experience in survey design, data collection and manipulation, and analyses for advanced data.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, computer science, management information systems, or related field or equivalent related experience.
- Advanced degree in statistics, math, psychology or other behavioral science and/or optional certificate in data analytics is preferred.
- Experienced in planning and executing quantitative research (e.g., benchmarking, surveys, A-B tests/multivariate experiments, etc.).
- Proficient leveraging a variety of statistical and data analysis methods.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Coding skills in languages such as SQL (required), R and Python (bonus).
- Experience with Tableau and/or other data visualization tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to quickly build rapport, establish credibility, and work collaboratively with peers, managers, and stakeholders across disciplines and levels.
- Excellent communication, organization, and presentation skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work in high-pressure situations.
- Able to train peers and broader team members in quantitative research and data analysis.
- Comfortable applying analytical methods within a variety of design methodologies and processes (Agile, Lean UX, etc.).
- Smart, solid examples of work that demonstrate how you think.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Salary Range: $115,000 – $135,000. Offers will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.